Disney Express

Started by sarahlouise_23, May 08, 2014, 12:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahlouise_23

Hi everyone,
How does Disney Express work? I booked the Eurostar through the Eurostar website but added Disney Express onto the package I booked through a travel agent. I booked direct services. Am I right in thinking they only check you in on the train if you book the Eurostar through a travel agent? So I'll have to go the Disney Express desk once I get to DP to check in?
Many Thanks  :)

daddyof2

My understanding is you'll need to go to the Disney Express desk at Marne-la-vallee to leave your bags there regardless of how it's been booked. I'm using it myself for the first time in a few weeks

sarahlouise_23

Great, that makes sense. I was reading about how a Disney cast member finds you on the train and gives your passes, luggage tags etc then but I think that's just if you book the Eurostar through a travel agent. I'm sure it'll all be sorted at the Disney Express desk.
Thanks!

daddyof2

No, I'm fairly sure you get checked in on the train however you've booked it, but obviously still need to leave your bags and stuff at the desk to be taken off to your hotel

disnick.322

We have booked the Disney express as an extra (and we are going via Lille), and when we go to hand our bags in at the Disney Express desk, we have been told we get out park tickets and luggage tags from the desk instead of on the train.

Disneyprincesswannab

My experience with Disney Express is that you only get tickets on board if you are on the direct train.

daddyof2

I stand corrected, sorry if I muddied the water

littlebitofpixiedust

We always travel on the direct service and have used Disney express many, many times and every time we've got our luggage labels, hotel documentation and park tickets on board the train.

sarahlouise_23

Thank you everyone for your replies  :)

Littlebitofpixiedust - So a Disney cast member comes and finds you on the train (if it's the direct train) to give you your park tickets, luggage labels etc and then you drop off your luggage at the Disney Express desk on arrival?

seony141010

Hi
I'd like to know the answer to the above post too, also if you get checked in to your hotel on board do you still need to book your breakfast time? We are staying in the Newport bay, my dad is a type 1 diabetic so don't want to mess his breakfast time up too much.

Thanks everyone
Believe in the magic
Em xx

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: sarahlouise_23 on May 09, 2014, 12:42:45 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies  :)

Littlebitofpixiedust - So a Disney cast member comes and finds you on the train (if it's the direct train) to give you your park tickets, luggage labels etc and then you drop off your luggage at the Disney Express desk on arrival?

Yes- that's what's happend on every visit so far and I've lost count! Probably more than 15 times via direct Eurostar service. So you attach your luggage labels drop of at the desk and away you go!

Disneyprincesswannab

You can only book breakfast when you actually check in at the hotel reception and collect your keys. We don't go there till after park closing time on our first day and choice of times are limited by then-usually really early or really late ones left-though these are not enforced in my experience in the restaurant-we have been admitted earlier and later than our ticket times.

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: Disneyprincesswannab on May 10, 2014, 07:31:15 PM
You can only book breakfast when you actually check in at the hotel reception and collect your keys. We don't go there till after park closing time on our first day and choice of times are limited by then-usually really early or really late ones left-though these are not enforced in my experience in the restaurant-we have been admitted earlier and later than our ticket times.

Yeah we used to check in sort breakfast slots ect are park closing but I'd definatley not do it anymore. Check in is so busy and we prefer to go and check in before the rush, but I guess it all depends on how much time you have there and how eager you are to get in the park.
I guess where we visit often for 4-5 days each visit we don't mind loosing an hour of the first day to check in early.