booking site down???

Started by sarahh83, April 27, 2014, 12:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahh83

im looking to price up xmas 2014 and then feb/march 2015 but the site keeps saying no availability .... for every hotel!!!
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

gemma2806

There is a note on the website to say that booking for Winter 2014/2015 doesn't open until the 29th April. This is why you won't be able to price up a holiday for then at this time, don't worry the hotels won't have sold out yet! If you try to price up from the 29th the availability will have been updated and you'll be able to check prices for then.  :)

michellemumof2xx

I booked my trip for next year 17th Feb 2015 on 31st March with my local travel agent. Ive paid nearly half of the holiday, about £650, but still have not had any conformation yet? Its 5 weeks tomorrow since I booked. I was there when she rang up disney and organised it, so I know its definatley booked, but maybe no conformation will be sent until after this date. Also, one of my friends has booked for easter 2015, so the holidays are on sale now, Michelle
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

sarahh83

this is whats confusing me cuz when we returned from DLP in feb i looked then at prices for xmas 2014 and feb/march next year .... now they arent on the site and ive got wait!!
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

Belloboy7

You could book this dates up until about 2 weeks ago and they were giving you two nights and two days free winter early booking offer...but that stopped I think about the 12/4 but like they say above the bookings open again on the 29/4 so will be interesting to see how much difference there is....

Ps..any one have any idea that if it turns out to be cheaper when booking opens,then what I payed about 3 weeks ago in this deal, would I have any chance of getting it at the new price.??    Hope this makes sense..

gemma2806

I think it depends on who you speak to as this happened to me last year. I went online researched the prices and went into Thomas Cook to book for November last year at the Sequoia Lodge in the Golden Forest Club but just as I went to book they had changed the deal and Disney said that I could only book a standard Montana room and not the GFC as they weren't available. I booked the hotel and paid the deposit but a few weeks later I went online and re-priced the holiday which was now available online only to find out that a GFC room was £700 cheaper than the standard room I had booked! I contacted Thomas Cook who called Disney and they explained what I had wanted to book but had been unable to and somehow they got Disney to change the booking and reduce the price by £700. It's always worth asking!

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: gemma2806 on April 27, 2014, 08:39:35 PM
I think it depends on who you speak to as this happened to me last year. I went online researched the prices and went into Thomas Cook to book for November last year at the Sequoia Lodge in the Golden Forest Club but just as I went to book they had changed the deal and Disney said that I could only book a standard Montana room and not the GFC as they weren't available. I booked the hotel and paid the deposit but a few weeks later I went online and re-priced the holiday which was now available online only to find out that a GFC room was £700 cheaper than the standard room I had booked! I contacted Thomas Cook who called Disney and they explained what I had wanted to book but had been unable to and somehow they got Disney to change the booking and reduce the price by £700. It's always worth asking!

You'd be far better booking direct with Disney and seeing the deals first hand. I've not seen a travel agent quote that can beat the two real Disney sites.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

gemma2806

I always find the deals on Disney and then go to the travel agent to book through Disney. It is in effect adding an extra party to do the booking but it means that they can haggle deals with Disney for me and if something goes wrong on the booking I have a physical person to see and speak to. Plus I like the fact that I can pay a lower deposit and then pay as and when I have the money and I don't have to pay Disney a handling fee or credit card charge like you do online. Every penny counts as it goes towards souvenirs ;)

DLRP Roundup!

http://www.disneyholidays.co.uk

No booking fee, installments and low deposit :)

But it doesn't give a person to stand in front of so if that's what you like, I suppose it can't beat that! :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

littlebitofpixiedust

The official website are not selling winter dates until 29th April I think i saw.
But I booked with Disneylandparisdirect.com yesterday for December this year and got 3 fro 2 nights offer wich wasn't advertised anywhere but I put in from a Sunday 3 nights and it have me one free! Ve booked through this website many times and had no probs :)

Discovery_Mountain

I must be something to do with the super early booking offer they were doing. I booked a few weeks ago through disneyholidays.com for November 30th - 5th December 2014 staying at The Disneyland Hotel (with 2 days and nights free) but now you can't book past 12th November 2014.

My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)