Disney bargains for kids' road trip bag?

Started by Mrsya, April 21, 2014, 10:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrsya

Anyone spotted any bargain kids' Disney toys, sweets etc for my 4 year old son's bag that I'm giving him in the car?

I've already bought a Mickey pez and will be adding his bargain ebay lanyard filled with pins. Any other ideas? Ebay works out too expensive with postage for little bits.

seony141010

Hi we don't go till November but I have been picking up colouring books, comics and stickers from supermarkets. Nearer the time I will get some disneyfied snacks and drinks.  I was also reading on another post that costumes are very expensive so I am going to take one with me. Disney Junior will be good to print out colouring sheets and other activities, my little one will be four when we go so looking for ideas to entertain him too.
Believe in the magic
Em xx

polar vixen

If you can act quick.... check out reduced easter eggs!  A lot of them come with little gifts - I saw a jake and the neverland pirates one with a free bandana, ones with free mugs or straws etc, and they can often be picked up for a pound or 2. You can either just remove the toy, and give him the chocolate too (depends how much mess you want in the car!)  Also if you have a home bargains near you, try there, or check on line.  I've gotten colouring packs, card games, little Disney cars etc, mostly for around 29p which are fantastic for pre-Disney goody bags!
(Not sure if the kids enjoy getting them, or I enjoy planning it more!

polar vixen

oooh, also Tesco's own food range for little food treats with Disney packaging, and check out their party stuff, it's often on 4 for 3 etc, and you can actually get some decent stuff in there, little things which aren't too bad for quality, but you dont' mind if they break easy either.  My sons have gone crazy for gold debloons, we've been using them for rewards, and exchanging every 10 for a pound to go towards Disney spending money.  Even had fun making a treasure box!

gingajen

You could also try Poundland too. They often have Disney sweets or toys etc.

nattylou

I've managed to get:

2 x drawstring bags (1 Minnie, 1 Mickey) from eBay for in the car on the way down.
2 x Big Books of Fun (1 Disney Princesses, 1 Marvel Heroes) from Aldi – to go in the drawstring bags

2 large plastic gift bags (1 Minnie, 1 Mickey) – from B & M, to sneakily put on their beds when we get to the hotel
To go in the bags:
2 x Pez and refills (1 Mickey, I Daisy Duck) from B & M
2 x lockable notebook and pen sets (1 Minnie, 1 Mickey) from Discount UK
1 x Minnie Mouse toilet bag from Discount UK
1 x Mickey Mouse toilet bag from eBay
2 x small stuffed toys (1 Minnie, 1 Mickey, BNWT) from eBay

The whole lot cost me less than £25, inc postage for the eBay stuff.

I just have to add some snacks for the journey down, and we're all done. 

Mrsya

We're back now and the bag went down a treat. Our best buy by far were the £13.50 ebay pins that he traded with cast members all over the park. He absolutely bloomin loved doing that and came home with 25 'keeper' pins and great memories of where he got them all from etc. definitely would recommend it for younger ones!!