Disney at Christmas?

Started by Mimi Arc en ciel, March 20, 2014, 10:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mimi Arc en ciel

Hi, I wondered whether you could help me decide..

We're looking at going to Disney in December (All previous trips have been at hallowe'en) and staying in the Disneyland Hotel (Pink Palace)

The return date is Christmas eve but we are wondering whether it will be worth while staying for Christmas day.

Has anyone stayed Christmas day? What's it like?

We've never stayed in the Disneyland hotel, Is there much difference from the Hotel New York?

Thank you in advance

grovesie

Hello,

We were at DLH for Christmas Day just gone, and had a great time. I can not tell you the difference between this and the NYH as I have never stayed there.... but we spend most of Christmas day there for the Christmas dinner. It was a little difficult bringing our 3 kids XMas presents with us ;D ;D . XMas eve in the DLH outside the restaurants they had little shows for the kids and many characters were involved with singing and dancing

Christmas is a magical time and you'll have a wonderful visit. Christmas day in the parks if you decide to stay will be very very busy. We had a lazy day. breakast, presents, drinks then off to NYH for xmas lunch and the a little walk on Main Street for a bit of retail therapy before wathcing Dreams.

Just a piece of advice.. The French have their XMAs day lunch on Christmas eve so a lot of the restaurants, table service, are bookable only and have quite a steep price.  Try to plan your meals so that they can be booked as aoon as possible.

Regardless if you stay for Christmas day or not I'M highly jealous that you are going at that time of year.

bad-pink-tink

I was at Disney this year for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day. We stayed at Sequoia Lodge.

Disney at Christmas is magical. Check out my trip report here https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=16498.0

On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Disney have special character meals, I posted the 2013 info here https://forum.dlpguide.com/index.php?topic=15959.0

There are 2 main differences between Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at Disney
1. Christmas Eve is the main Day in France, so there are more options for the Christmas Character Meals
2. The crowds are smaller on Christmas Eve

Christmas Day and Boxing Day the park was absolutely jammed. It was magical though to be in the park for EMH, walking down Main Street on Christmas morning.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Samninetysix

We stayed from the 22nd to the 28th Dec 2006 in the Newport Bay Club, Admirals Floor, Lake View room, ours was one of the 3 rooms with balcony at the very top of the hotel as you look at it from the lake. When we got there it was relatively quiet for the time of year then on Christmas Eve it was heaving, the queues were unreal. On Christmas Day itself, we had room service deliver our breakfast to the room, we opened our presents and walked to the park. The park was just the opposite on Christmas Day, we walked through to Frontierland and went on Big Thunder Mountain 3 times in succession then twice on Pirates, I've never seen it so quiet.

Christmas Eve at the main ticket booths/entrance:

Nutty huh?

ilovemainstxxx

hi there
we have been there for Christmas day 23-26,  but was about 5 years ago now...

we found Christmas day in the parks alot quieter than Christmas eve, and lots more going on,saw pan and hook having a sword fight and chasing each other round it was great then at park closing loads of characters were about taking lots of time out with each family it was great....

we only took with us a selection box each and bought the kids a toy there and took the sheet wrap and tape with us then while we were away got my mum to go round the house and set everything up so when we got home Santa had been and had two Christmas

seraphelle

We've been debating going for Christmas in 2015. We did Halloween last year and are going again this year, but I'm desperate to go when the decorations are up  ;D  and with work I'd most likely be going for over actual Christmas Day itself, and I love the idea from the above post about getting someone to pop all the presents out so there is another Christmas when you get back. Might make coming home slightly less soul-crushing!  ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

Samninetysix

We took one of those little 1m pre-lit trees with us, plugged it in and put our pressies under it which we opened on Christmas Day :)