Christmas season at DLP

Started by littlebitofpixiedust, March 23, 2014, 01:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitofpixiedust

Hey not sure if anyone can shed any light on this but what I'm wondering is when the christmas festivities ends at the resort? I'm either looking at 17th dec (4nights) or 4th jan (4 nights) I cannot find any information on when it will finish.
It's Cheaper for the jan visit and I assume quiter? We've only been very early December before and late January, we usually visit march and sept. but I'd really like to go for Xmas season! Any help/tips much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

norhel

Quote from: littlebitofpixiedust on March 23, 2014, 01:00:58 PM
Hey not sure if anyone can shed any light on this but what I'm wondering is when the christmas festivities ends at the resort? I'm either looking at 17th dec (4nights) or 4th jan (4 nights) I cannot find any information on when it will finish.
It's Cheaper for the jan visit and I assume quiter? We've only been very early December before and late January, we usually visit march and sept. but I'd really like to go for Xmas season! Any help/tips much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Howdy.

The date it ends is around 6 or 8 of Janurary. Not quite sure of the date. Most likely the 6.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

DLRP Roundup!

Christmas is spectacular, you'll want to see it.

This year it finished on January 6th.

It may be cheaper for you in the December in reality, as the first weekend in January still holds mid/high season pricing, with it getting extremely cheap the second week (but missing Christmas).

Third week December may be cheaper. Something for the new seasonality guide, due sometime next month for winter :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

littlebitofpixiedust

Thanks guys :) the 4th jan is a Sunday and is only £366 per room at Cheyenne/Santa fe for 2 adults and 1 child without travel wich is pretty cheap for 4 nights. I think the December price was just over £400 but I'm worried about crowd levels ect as I've never been that close to Christmas as these two dates but as my sons in school I'm trying to work it so he only has 3 days of rather than 5 as we've already been last week! Plus got another trip sept booked but every year I wish I'd booked for the Xmas season lol.
He absoloutly loves Disney like his momma :) he is disabled so he doesn't have to wait for hours in que lines but the Xmas trip will be more for the shows and characters as it'll be too cold to spend all day in the parks with him!

DLRP Roundup!

You can compare last years December dates with this years January dates here, look at the bottom seasonal colour codes: http://dlrpr.com/calendar/

Average waits: http://dlrpr.com/waits/stats.php

Mid December will be quiet enough :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

littlebitofpixiedust

Thanks Trekkie101 that was very helpful :) so I can see the festivities on either date so now I've just gotta decide!