Our trip is cancelled and is now rebooked!!!!!!

Started by clarybell, March 19, 2014, 07:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarybell

Unfortunately we wont be visiting disneyland paris friday. My daughter is in hospital with shingles and swine flu. Can't even tell you how gutted we are. She has been so good though, someone gave us the idea of telling her that the princesses are poorly and have asked that she visits later on in the year when they are all better so that she wont catch their germs, and she seemed ok with that although obviously still upset.
Phoning the Make-A-Wish charity was awful, i feel so guilty that we have probably cost them money, but they were great, and have said that they can book it for us again  but not until end of august early september. So at least that will give us something to look forward to. Hopefully by then she will be a bit stronger by then and there won't be quite so many bugs around. Just got to look out for the others coming down with anything now. :( :( :( :( :( :(

bad-pink-tink

awww, sending big hugs to your family... I had to cancel a trip to DLP too last year. Like you it was last minute and something I couldn't avoid. After all the preparation and build up, its tough to just cancel everything.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Aurora1

I hope you`re daughter is feeling better soon! And that evereyone else is alright!
Take care!

clarybell

Thank you, it was really hard and i have to admit i did cry a little.

Rapunzel1

That is so sad. I really hope your daughter will be better soon.

jackieann

So, sorry to hear your news.. hope you do manage to get there later this year, and your little girl has a speedy recovery.  X

moonloo

Oh gosh I really feel for you having to nurse your little girl through being poorly let alone having to tell her that her wish has been cancelled. As a childrens nurse I know what wonderful work they do for families and Im not at all suprised to find they have said they will re book and like you said you will have that to look forward to. Best wishes to you and the family and speedy recovery to your little girl.

never2old

Oh no, really sorry to hear the news  :(

I'm glad that they can book another trip for you, September is a really nice time to go, nice weather and decent crowds  :) . Hope your daughter gets better soon, that's the main thing!

A huge hug to you both!!

SGregory27

Hope she gets better soon xxx

2016-Cheyenne
2015-Sequoia Lodge Honeymoon Suite
2015-Sequoia Lodge GF Lakeside
2014-Sequoia Lodge- Hubby's big 30
2013- Newport Bay- 1st time with kids 4y &1y
2008-Sequoia Lodge
2005-Sequoia Lodge - Got engaged
2004-Sequoia Lodge
1999-SL

seraphelle

Hope your daughter gets well soon. xxx
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

clarybell

Thank you for your kind words and wishes. We spent a long week in the hospital, came home saturday afternoon but she has had to go back in again today.

Hopefully we get new dates through soon and i can start countdown again.x

Zee79

clarybell

Had phonecall today to say trip has been rebooked for 31st august for 3 nights and 4 days. Not gonna start a countdown yet though. no way do i want to jinx it.

jackieann

Yey!!! Really pleased for you. Postcard should be with you soon. Xx

clarybell