prices of hotels

Started by glenn, March 17, 2014, 03:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn

I was going to go to dlp in september,so i priced it up and was quoted £746 for 4 nights in the sequoia lodge.Today i thought i would book the trip,but now i am very confused,same date,same hotel,30%off,plus free meal vouchers,price £1166 so does that mean that disneyland paris is actually charging more to give these so called special offers.

never2old

Have you checked the room type? It could be that the 746 price was for a standard room, and the 1166 is for a lake view Golden Forest room.

glenn

They were both for Montana rooms.I have tried Santa Fe and that is dearer than original quote.motto don,t wait for deals it isn,t any cheaper.

Samninetysix

Is that price for 4 nights/5 days ? - If so, price up an annual passport and see if  you gain anything that way with the AP discount (AP, you just pay for the hotel room and not park tickets) it also depends on how many times you want to go in a year and how much merchandise and meals you want to buy and get the extra discount.

andlorna

Its very strange that the prices differ so much with these promotions, like yourself we priced a stay for the end of October for 4 nights 5 days and it was a lot cheaper before this current offer, and we included half board and guess what it was still a lot cheaper than quotes now from Disney. :'( Its very sad that they have to do this...
PREVIOUS VISITS,
Oct 06, Santa fe 3 days
Oct 07, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 08, Sequoia 4 days
Oct 09, Sequoia 4 days
Dec 09 New Year
Oct 10, Cheyenne 4 days
April 11, Cheyenne 4 days
Feb 13, Cheyenne 5 days
Feb 14, Cheyenne 5 days
Oct 14 Hipark 4 days
Nov 14 Hipark 4 days
Feb 15 Santa Fe 5 days
May 15 Hipark 4 days
Augt 15 Hipark 5 days
Feb 16 Cheyenne 5 days
April 16 Hipark 5 days
Aug 16 Hipark 5 days
Oct 16 Hipark 5 days
Dec 16 Sequoia new year
Next Trip
Oct 17 Hipark 5 days

captain rocket

If you want to go on a certain date, then get prices and book! If you are happy with a quote then book it, don't wait for the next deal as Disney seem to adjust their prices during the year and we have read many times on this forum about people who have waited and found the price has risen dven with a "deal"!I think that £746 for four nights in the Sequoia is a cracking price and would have been happy to book it at that price!
My policy for visiting DLRP is that the Disney hotels are ludicrously overpriced, I have an AP and usually stay at the cheapest partner hotel I can find. I am going on 02 April the two of us are staying in the Dream Castle on B &B for £208. For 3 nights A hotel at least as good as the New York at a fraction of the cost. Disney charge too much! I could'nt afford my 3/4 visits a year if I was stuck with Disney hotels, all they offer in my opinion is convenience!

SVioletS

Its just like captain rocket said, if you get a price you can.afford just book it. If a better offer comes along you can try to take advantage of it doing some sort of upgrade.
I've never stayed offsite, we don't have APs and we don't go so frequently, however when we go we stay at least 4 nights. Now that my eldest is turning 7 i will consider buying them and look at different options.

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

glenn

Not booking the trip when I first priced it was nothing to do with waiting for a better offer,it was the fact that I,m a man and  my motto is never do today what you can put off until tomorrow.I have now booked the trip for mid June  because I have only been to dip once during the summer.

SVioletS

When it comes to Disney booking, never leave it to the next day! you never know when prices will change! ;)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

Zee79

We stay both off and on site. I agree it is more convenient to stay on site but to do so you will pay for that. We are going next summer and it is costing us 1500 euro for a family of four for 2 weeks for apartment and AP but not spending money. It would cost us £1400 for 3n/4d in the Santa fe. Once I've got the A.P then we would do another trip staying in with getting 35% discount.

haribosmum

I think it's like the Eurostar prices, they have so many rooms at one price, then once those are sold there is another price and it seems to go up and up the closer you get.  Which is why sometimes even when the deals are on they are more expensive. 
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

danogian

The prices definitely vary throughout the year independently of the deals on offer. We're going on 1st April for 4 nights / 5 days in a Montana Room (not Golden Forest) at the Sequoia Lodge, two adults plus one 8 year old child. We booked in May 2013 and got the 2 nights + 2 days free offer, so paid the price for 2 nights / 3 days, plus kids under 12 stay and play free. We paid £584 not including the credit card surcharge. Pricing the same up now, (i.e. just the 2 nights and 3 days) which still currently includes the free for kids under 12 offer, comes out at £714. So that's an increase of £130 (over 22%) on the base cost we paid, irrespective of the extra 2 days and nights for free.

Previous Visits:
Oct 2011 - Santa Fé - 3 nights
Oct 2012 - Cheyenne - 3 nights
Apr 2014 - Sequoia Lodge - 4 nights
Jun 2015 - Sequoia Lodge (GFC) - 4 nights

Arrow Transport

For eveyone coming by car :
You can reserve an hotel far away, 45/55 euros per night for 2 or 4 persons.
Taking your car everyday, just have to pay parking 16 euros (I suppose) per day or going to DLP by RER or bus.
I use to work with a new hotel (Première Classe/Kyriad) at Gonesse (zip code 95400), there is the same at Mesnil-Amelot (Première Classe/Campanile zip code 77990).
At Gonesse a lot of restaurants, at Mesnil-Amelot a big swimming-pool.
A lot of french customers go to those hotels, just 40 kilometers far from DLP. It's just an example because we have a lot of hotels outside DLP, in each city around.

Samninetysix

I think I would rather pay a little more and stay closer to the parcs. I couldn't imagine having to use the A104 2 times a day for the duration of our stay, it's an awful section of autoroute, very, very busy :(