Hotel New York Wi-Fi

Started by Livvipivvi, February 23, 2014, 07:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livvipivvi

Hiya, we are staying at the Hotel New York in May and have read that the TV channels are poor in the rooms, so we are planning on taking our DD's iPads with us.  We subscribe to lovefilm, so thought that they could stream. 

What is the Wi-Fi like in the rooms though, is it any good? Would it be good enough to allow 2 iPads to stream at the same time?

TIA  :)  x

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

DLRP Roundup!

Treats them independantly :)

Netflix ran fine, so love film should, we had to use a vpn though.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Livvipivvi

Quote from: Trekkie101 on February 23, 2014, 09:59:57 PM
Treats them independantly :)

Netflix ran fine, so love film should, we had to use a vpn though.

Ahhh, fab thank you very much.  Someone said that their Netflix didn't work, didn't think about a vpn, brilliant tip  :D

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

DLRP Roundup!

http://www.hidemyass.com/vpn/ £8 for a month or something, made everything run a bit faster over there :)

Netflix does the whole "Country unavailable" thing, but the UK vpn ignored it.
The Roundup

Livvipivvi

Quote from: Trekkie101 on February 25, 2014, 10:45:39 AM
http://www.hidemyass.com/vpn/ £8 for a month or something, made everything run a bit faster over there :)

Lovely, thank you for the link  :D .  Will look into that.  Do you know if it works on Safari and apple devices?  I know some things are iffy on them or not supported? 

never2old

Quote from: Livvipivvi on February 25, 2014, 01:01:36 PM

Lovely, thank you for the link  :D .  Will look into that.  Do you know if it works on Safari and apple devices?  I know some things are iffy on them or not supported?

I use it on my iPad, it works great  :D They even have an app for it

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: never2old on February 27, 2014, 11:26:01 AM

Another +1, works perfect with Safari on Mac, iPad and iPhone.
The Roundup

Livvipivvi

Quote from: Trekkie101 on February 27, 2014, 12:12:04 PM

Another +1, works perfect with Safari on Mac, iPad and iPhone.

Fab thank you.  I'm gonna get this set up very soon  ;D

Livvipivvi

Hiya,  I've just installed the app on my iPad, but i have to create an account with them and it seems i have to pay to subscribe too.  Did you have to pay anything to use the app?

never2old

Yes, we pay a subscription

But we use it a lot, you can change countries and we use it for US and UK sites (we live in Luxembourg)

DLRP Roundup!

I paid once - £8, and used it for my trip to DLP only :)
The Roundup

Livvipivvi

Lovely thanks both.  £8 isn't so bad when you think of the arguments that it'll save us from having to listen to lol.

Did you have any trouble cancelling or anything Trekkie?  Some of these companies are hard work once they get your card details  ::)

DLRP Roundup!

I done mine on the laptop, however looking at the HideMyAss app on the iPad - it's a one time buy for the one month option :) not a subscription unless you choose the one year option.

Plus its Apple, HideMyAss won't have your details. Or you can buy it on a laptop/computer and then login with the right details on the app.

The Roundup

Livvipivvi

Quote from: Trekkie101 on March 15, 2014, 12:59:25 AM
I done mine on the laptop, however looking at the HideMyAss app on the iPad - it's a one time buy for the one month option :) not a subscription unless you choose the one year option.

Plus its Apple, HideMyAss won't have your details. Or you can buy it on a laptop/computer and then login with the right details on the app.

Lovely thank you Trekkie  :D .  Do you know if one subscription work on multiple devices at the same time?