First trip of the year, 16-18 February

Started by never2old, February 21, 2014, 10:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyManiac

Quote from: never2old on March 04, 2014, 09:20:03 AM
Thank you all for the comments  :D

There maybe a delay with the next chapter, I have over 200 photos of Dreams to sort through... But I'm working on them  ;)

Quote from: DisneyManiac on March 03, 2014, 06:55:01 PM
Holy cheese! I can ride Phantom Manor at dusk/night? Please say yes!

EDIT: So can ride the rides when Dreams is on? Will the queues be shorter?

Oh, Phantom Manor at dusk is the best!!! You have to, the atmosphere is perfect at that time. And then go to BTM, it's even better at night. I've read of people being on Big Thunder Mountain during Dreams (that must have been quite something!!) so yes, you can. Last year I did BTM maybe 15 minutes before Dreams was due to start and there was no queue at all (it had been around 30-40 minutes during the day, so it wasn't a particularly busy day). Then we did Buzz, again no queue at all (walked straight in), and had time to come out just when Dreams was starting.

Um just realized that Disney Dreams! runs until 31st September 2014, will it run for Halloween?

never2old

No news on whether Dreams will continue daily after September, sorry. I hope it does!!

And here's the last update for day 2, Dreams!!

As I said we got to our spot maybe 10 minutes before Dreams was due to start. We went to one of the sides, between Central Plaza and the Castle Stage. It was still fairly quiet, and we managed to get a very good spot, I think I will be aiming for that area on our next trip!! View was good (a bit to the side, and we couldn't see one of the water screens, but still, the projections on the Castle were perfect, sound was perfect, and the lack of crowds around us made it really easy with the children. Plus for the first time I got to appreciate how the show extends along the side of the castle!!

And here are lots of pictures....

I'm quite amazed with my little girl, now every time she hears Out There from Hunchback (it plays regularly in the car....), she remembers it's the song from Mickey's park!!

You can really feel the heat!!

What can I say, it was magical... Alicia was totally mesmerised by it. And my friends loved it, they now understood why I had insisted we stayed until the end to see it... Just perfect.

After that we left and headed back to the hotel. Really glad we had parked in the Disney Village, it's a short walk from the park to the car park, and a very quick drive to the hotel.

We all had dinner together in my friend's room, before going back to our room to watch a bit of TV (a bit of the Big Bang Theory) once Alicia was in bed.

Last day coming soon!!

justlikeidreamedit

The photos of Dreams are amazing - the best I have seen. Were they taken on the Canon SX280 you mentioned earlier and was it on a certain setting?

clarybell

wow wow and wow again. it looks absolutely amazing. i have to admit it is probably what i am looking forward to seeing the most. Can you see it from any of the hotels?

Rosy25

Amazing love your pics.  :D two more nights yo li get to see dreams. Can't wait !!

never2old

thank you very much for those comments!!

justlikeidreamedit - No, I toke those with my hubby's camera, I discovered during our last trip that it took excellent pictures of Dreams! He has a Panasonic GF5. My camera was too new, I haven't played enough with it to see what setting is best for something like Dreams... I'll try it sometime, but to be honest I don't think it can compete with the Panasonic one...

clarybell - You can see it from the park view rooms in the Castle Club in the Disneyland Hotel, but I think that's the only decent place to see it... Last year we stayed in the New York and we could see the Castle from the room, I did try seeing Dreams from there one night but it was useless, too far to appreciate it and of course no sound. I've seen in Twitter that you can see it from Panoramagique, again I guess with no sound but I have to admit I'm quite tempted to try that sometime, it must be a real unique experience!

Rosy25 - I'm very jealous... I can't wait to see it again!! unfortunately now with the longer days it becomes more and more difficult to stay in the park that late with our daughter... We should be going back in May (need to renew our APs!!) and I'm hoping to stay on site that time, so that at least one of us can stay in the hotel with her and the other goes to see Dreams...

I'll try to finish the report this weekend, not long to go now!!

By the way, if any of you are interested I have a Facebook album with a few more Dreams pictures, you can see them here!

clarybell

oh okay. was just curious  if it was viewable. only 12 more sleeps. keep the photos coming!

never2old

Day 3!!

We woke up a bit before 9, a very decent hour for someone with a young child I thought.... This was going to be our last day in the park (half day, really, since we were leaving after lunch), and it would just be the 3 of us, our friends were heading back home in the morning. After a delicious breakfast in the hotel and saying our goodbyes to the others, we went straight back to the Disney Village car park and straight into the park.

Today was not as sunny as the previous 2 days, and felt a bit cooler.

First stop, Fantasyland for some Peter Pan fast passes... It was just past 10:00 and the queue was already 40 minutes!!

We then went back to Discoveryland, trying to maybe get Buzz done again (Alicia was asking to do it), but it was also 40 minutes  :(  We were starting to see the park was rather busier than it had been Sunday or Monday...

I saw the Nautilus was open!!

It was looking good!! The giant squid attack was working and everything! We don't come in here much (mostly because it seems to be closed half the times I try), and it's such a gorgeous little attraction!!

Buzz was still way too busy, so we started walking towards Fantasyland again.

Oh, look who's here!!

When we got to Fantasyland, the wait for Peter Pan was actually quite reasonable, 15 minutes I think it was. Alicia was feeling quite tired (she had ended up going to bed quite late the night before...) and she didn't want to do anything other than Buzz or Peter Pan, so we decided to stay and go for a flight to Neverland. After that, it was just the time for our fastpasses, so we ended up doing it twice in a row!  :D

After that I tried to do POTC, but Alicia really didn't want to...

Instead she asked to go and see the dolls in the boat...

Time for IASW!

After that, as soon as she was sitting down in her push chair, Alicia felt asleep...  We had 1 hour before lunch, so time for a little walk, and for some shopping!!

Always a good time to go shopping in Main Street, in the morning... Half the shops were totally empty of guests!!

Soon it was time to go  :(

One last look at the Castle...

And straight into the Steakhouse in the Village! We hadn't eaten there in quite some time, and we were sad to see the menu was not only changed but seemed rather reduced... Still there were plenty of nice things to choose from, so it wasn't all bad!

De d'Isigny butter is still here  ;)

I went for a steak tartare, which was delicious.

(even though now that I look at the photo, it does look a bit like I was eating minced mouse  ::) :o )

Alicia had chicken with some rice

And dessert was DELICIOUS!!

After that, and a last look around the Village for a bit of last minute shopping, it was time to head home...

Alicia slept all the way back home (3 hours), and I confess I had trouble keeping my eyes open as well (good thing it wasn't me driving!)

And now of course all that is left is to start planning the next trip, in a couple of months....  :D

norhel

I like your report.
What kind of dessert was it? Looks yummy :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

never2old

It was the chocolate fondant ball with mandarin confit... When they served it it was one big chocolate ball, then they poured hot chocolate over it and the top melted... Oooooh that was so yummy!!

pialykke

Fantastic trip report!! Loving all the photos!! Thank you so much for taking the time to post them all!  ;D

Now, tell me about Darth Vader!!! I didn't think he was available there anymore!! Did he have a special place? Or did you just see him walking around? It would be amazing to meet him! The boys would go mad! (And DH! haha)

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

SoundSoldier

lovely report + your daughter looks adorable.
love it when you see children all happyin disneyland

BlackPearl

Wonderful report! Thank you for posting!  :D

never2old

Thank you, glad you enjoyed the report! And all the photos  :D I have to admit, I could have taken hundreds more!! (but having a push chair or a over excited child to look after kind of gets in the way of taking lots of pictures  ::) ) My daughter is still talking about Mickey's park (that what she calls it), and the Castle, and seeing Anna and Elsa, and shooting in Buzz.... It is the most wonderful thing, being able to take her there and seeing her so happy in a place that means so much to me  :)

Quote from: pialykke on March 08, 2014, 10:50:14 PM
Now, tell me about Darth Vader!!! I didn't think he was available there anymore!! Did he have a special place? Or did you just see him walking around? It would be amazing to meet him! The boys would go mad! (And DH! haha)

We saw him just walking around, he wasn't in the programme but I think he meets people close to Star Tours, I've seen pictures of him (and Chewbacca) around there. He was definitely heading that way when we saw him.