Our first trip coming up...some questions about Davey Crockett ranch.

Started by Littlemissonion, February 14, 2014, 07:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Littlemissonion

Hello everyone.

My first post here...forgive me if it's in the wrong section!

We are staying in the Davey Crockett ranch from the 24th February for a week.  Silly questions, but I can't seem to find the answers.

1. Are the lodges heated? (Terrified we'll be freezing!!)

2. Are towels provided in the lodge?

3. Are towels provided in the swimming pools or do we take our own?

Any tips or links greatly appreciated.
We're  taking our 3 kids, age 7, 10 and 13.

Ta!

Mitchell

Heya, I haven't stayed in DCR since 2006 so I can't really answer the bottom two, but the lodges were always really well heated (and we went in December)

Have a grew trip :)
Jun 2004, Dec 2006, Mar 2015, Aug 2015, Oct 2015, Feb 2016, Mar 2016, April 2016, June 2016, August 2016, October 2016, January 2017, February 2017, March 2017, April 2017, June 2017, October 2017, December 2017

Next trip: June and July 2017

Littlemissonion

Aurora1

I would think towles are provided at the pool. They are at the other hotels, so I would think the same for DCR.
Have a wonderful trip!

polar vixen

When we went last september, we got towels in the cabin, but not at the pool, my personal tip, if you don't have a dining plan, or even if you do, take a disposable barbeque, get some meat from the shop one night and have a bbq, or take a firelog, like the ones you get in home bargains for 99p. and light it one night on your bbq stand, so you can roast marshmallows, loads of fun!

JessicaSarahMyles

Hey, I've stayed in the DCR 4 times. Three of the four times I was impressed. But my most recent time I went which was last September was very disappointing with the cleanliness of the cabin. I don't know if this will be a problem to most people but I for one have ocd so i'm really picky on hotel hygiene. When we first walked in my younger brother pointed out the long black hair that was on the stove. Most places where I walked (especially in my room) long black hair would get stuck to my socks. This made me cringe. And the cutlery (knives and forks etc) were not at all cleaned properly. And the whole cabin stunk of the smell of chinese food the whole time I was there. I'm not trying to diss the DCR in anyway because the other times I've stayed I have been very happy with the service along with many of the other Disneyland hotels I've stayed in have all been great. But I am hoping that this was just a one off at the CR. Has anyone else experienced cabins or anything to be like this? For the most part though the stay was great!
[size=200]Jess[/size]

Littlemissonion

Thanks again everyone who has replied.

Planning our route today.  :)

We are staying in a hotel close by on Sunday night and are booked into Disney from Monday.  Can we check in at the park gates do you know and use it from first thing or must we go to DCR (get me using initials like apro!! ;D ) to check in on Monday morning?

polar vixen

You need to check in at DCR first, so you can get your park tickets and car parking pass, but first thing on a morning, that shouldn't take too long, not sure what you need to do with your bags though!  We stayed in November one year, and the cabin was lovely and warm, so sure you'll be fine!

DLP1204

I'll be staying at DCR as well the 30th and 31st of March, but what has the cabin to offer? We just don't wanna bring too much luggage since we are only staying for 2 days...  :D
All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney -

LotsoHugginBear

You can rent towels for the pool at the shop  - 2€ per towel!  So better bring your own from your cabin. If you like to have new ones just call the reception and they will bring some.

Littlemissonion

Brilliant advice. Thanks again.

This time next week, we'll be in France!!  :o ;D