Excited with lots of questions! :)

Started by Rosy25, February 01, 2014, 05:34:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stecal

hi can you borrow/buy a cheap double buggy? that's what i did on a previous holiday for my 2 youngest, might be a cheaper option as would of thought you would be able to check it in for free on the plane? if you are able to take one free anyway. 

crewsix

Hi Rosy

Yes def cheaper to bring a second buggy handy at the airport too esp waiting around and check ins etc

The Holiday was perfect for us and the kids, apart from  the buggy fiasco lol
I keep meaning to put a trip report up. 

My tips are really make the most of Extra Magic hours, we didnt and regret it so much.  Go see dreams on the night that the parks close early.  Make sure you book meals this is a big must.   

My 3 1/2 year old keeps asking when were going back and everytime my 1 1/2 year old sees an advert or the castle she gets really excited and yells disneyland.  So There at a lovely age at the minute.

Meals wise we stock up at breakfast at hotel, take some extra bits with you.
We loved Aubergine de centrillion not just for princess and prince interaction loved the food.

Loved Inventions  for Interaction, was a tiny bit surprised though as was expecting alot more of a buffet, there didnt seem as much as in the tripadvisor photographs but fab all the same, something for everyone.

We did
Rainforest Cafe (Not impressed overall but might try again as everyone else seems to love it)
Californian Bar Grill (Horrible was worst meal ever, highly overpriced and too fussy with food, not child friendly)
Annettes ( Fab huge cheap meal,and very child friendly)
Agrabah Cafe ( Brilliant Buffet - child friendly)
Beevers Creek ( Again another Buffet - Big Spread and food was great)
Buffalo Bills Wild West (This was amazing, the kids loved this i think it was def a highlight, well worth it and food was authentic)
Plaza Gardens (Another Buffet great spread, cheaper but not lacking in quality)

dhidra

Re the[/size] buggy,[/size] you[/size] can[/size] definitely[/size] bring[/size] it[/size] free[/size] with[/size] aer[/size] lingus.[/size] [/size] I've[/size] done[/size] it[/size] and[/size] I[/size] know[/size] others[/size] who[/size] have[/size] aswell![/size] [/size] I[/size] would[/size] definitely[/size] bring[/size] a[/size] buggy[/size] for[/size] your[/size] DS.[/size] There's[/size] a[/size] LOT[/size] of[/size] walking[/size] involved![/size] What[/size] about[/size] a[/size] light[/size] double[/size] stroller?[/size] You[/size] can[/size] pick[/size] one[/size] up[/size] for[/size] around[/size] €50[/size] second[/size] hand.
[/size]The[/size] buggies[/size] in[/size] [/size]DLP[/size] are[/size] €15[/size] to[/size] rent[/size] [/size]per[/size] day.
[/size]
[/size]We[/size] ate[/size] in[/size] Plaza[/size] Gardens[/size] and[/size] found[/size] it[/size] quite[/size] good[/size] value[/size] and[/size] decent[/size] food.
1st visit - May 1992 - Hotel Santa Fe - age 9!
2nd visit - March 2005 - day trip
3rd visit - July 2006 - Hotel Santa Fe
4th visit - March 2012 - Disneyland Hotel
***5th visit May 2014 - Hotel New York***

Rosy25

Thanks crew six...I have a lot of the same plans for dining as you did so sounds good. Am trying rainforest cafe the day we arrive so hopefully will be better that you experienced.  ;)  Good idea stecal about the double buggy I never even thought of that. We have Phil and teds vibe which is way too big and bulky but good idea to keep an eye out for cheap 2nd hand one... If not I've definitely decided to bring the two buggys!! Least they can take naps then! Does any one know do the change the EMH... At the minute it says March-daily but could they change this and cancel it on some of the days...? I hope not I can't wait to get there early. Any idea how many rides you'd get done in an hour at this time. All the childrens ones...