Bottled water and fridges

Started by clarybell, January 23, 2014, 07:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarybell

Where is the best place to buy bottled water from please? and do all rooms have a fridge or can you request a fridge if not provided. my daughter has medication that needs to be refridgerated.
Thanks.

gemma2806

This is a tricky one!

The cheapest bottled water is probably to be found in the train station shop unless you stay in the Golden Forest Club at the Sequoia Lodge where you can have as much bottled water as you want included in the price of your stay!

Unless things have changed recently the Cheyenne and the Santa Fe do not have fridges as they do not have mini bars. All the other hotels have mini bars but if you open these you will be charged regardless of whether you use these to store things rather than use the contents. There is some controversy over this as everything in the fridge is on a sensor supposedly and you move anything slightly this will trigger a charge for the item. However different people have had different experiences on this forum with this problem. Some people have the charge removed when they prove nothing has been used. Others are charged regardless. Some hotels say there is a charge per item whereas others have found there is simply a charge for opening the mini bar! Some people can just open the mini bar in there room whereas we found on one stay we were unable to open it at all as we had not stated to reception that we intended to use it at all. A good compromise would be to ask at reception on check-in to remove all mini bar items so that you can place medicines in there but there is no guarantee they will do this.

When we stayed in the GFC they had removed the mini bars from the rooms and kept the fridges to be used if wanted. This proved useful for storing drinks etc, again not much use if you're not staying in this hotel but if you haven't booked a hotel yet then it may be worth trying here!

Gemma W

Hi I was literally just reading about this on the DLP website as I was trying to find out about hiring a wheel chair for my mum! Here is what the website says...

If you need to keep medication cold, you can leave it at these centres. No other medical equipment can be held by Disneyland® Paris.
•Disney® Parks: at one of the First Aid posts
•Disney Village®: at the First Aid post
•Disney Hotels: in the refrigerators in the bungalows at Disney's Davy Crockett Ranch® and in the refrigerator at reception at the other six Disney Hotels (products of this type should not be kept in the minibar)
•Vienna International Dream Castle Hotel: the minibar may be emptied in order to store medication
•Hôtel l'Élysée Val d'Europe: medication can be left at reception
•Radisson Blu Hotel: the hotel does not have facilities for storing products of this type

Special products must be carefully packed (plastic bag, Tupperware, box, ice box etc.), sealed and clearly labelled with the name of the person (using an adhesive label, permanent marker etc.).

However, if you wish, our Central Reservation Office can put you in touch with outside companies.

Hope this helps xxx

clarybell

Thank you for the replies.
we dont know which hotel yet, the trip is being dealt with by the make a wish foundation so depends on what they can sort out and as we are a family of 6 i'm not sure whether it will be a suite or connecting rooms. i know it will either be the newport or sequoia and thats it.

gemmaw- thats great thanks for that. its useful to know if we dont have a fridge .

gemma2806- think we will ask if they can remove all items and if not then to lock it. with an inquisitive 2 yr old it would be cheaper lol.

Is the train shop that you mention where you get off at disney so,just outside the gates i'm assuming?

gemma2806

Yes that's right it's right on the Disney doorstep!

clarybell

cazspence

Quote from: ElenorTroxel on May 24, 2014, 10:09:41 AM
Bottled water can be found everywhere since it is not so expensive. But using this bottled water can harm our environment because some consumer's don't know the real essence of recycling used things. Thousands and thousands of dollars are lost per year to recycling fraud, such as where criminals unlawfully cash in recyclable containers like aluminum cans in states that pay individuals for it, such as California, Maine and Michigan. Source: MatchFinancial.com

????what are you on about?  ::)

Lucylouby

We didn't have a fridge in our interconnecting rooms at sequoia lodge.  We were in one of the lodges rather than the main hotel, which was lovely though. 

amanda08

We used to have this issue with our sons medication but we got around it by taking a plug in cool box with us - however we were driving so that was easy to do. We have had empty fridges in our last 2 stays at SL however the temperature was not that cold at all - if you have meds that need to be kept refrigerated - ie between 2 and 5 degrees, I would not recommend storing it this way. Disney do have a department which helps guests with special needs and requests so it may be worth contacting them in advance of your trip to ask any specific questions or mention any specific requests

dlp.cro.special.need@disneylandparis.com