Travel options from CDG airport

Started by GemmaT, January 22, 2014, 04:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GemmaT

Hi everyone!
I am flying to CDG airport in March , not due to land until 8pm on a Monday night which is fine. However I am undecided how to get to hotel from airport. Itl be myself , my partner + my 3 year old little girl , we will be staying at Newport bay hotel. Quite happy to slum it for 10mins on the train but does anyone know how far away the hotel is from where wel get dropped off?
Any advice on this or other options will be much appreciated
Thanks xx
Next visit December 2015 😃😃😃

DLRP Roundup!

About a 10 minute walk or theres a bus at the train station door that will take you there completely free of charge :)

It's a lovely walk though and will help orientate you. The station is literally on the Disney grounds :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

GemmaT

That's great thank you, the faster we get there the better! Lol I think our first time will be a learning curb for us but this site is great for tips and advice.
Thanks again xx

captain rocket

The problem with your late arrival is that the last TGV leaves between 2100/2130 and if your flight is delayed you may not get one at all. The VEA coach service ends around 2000 so the best,safest bet and by far the most convenient idea would be a private or shared shuttle,cheaper than a taxi, and would collect you from CDG and take you to the front door of your hotel. There are plenty of companies who offer this service and several members on this site could make recommendations.I usually book a shared transfer and about 50% of the time it is not shared with anyone!

gemma2806

I think Captain Rocket is right with his alternative. The train is fast but once you get to Disney you may find things slow down. The free shuttle is very good but if people are using it at that time of night to get back to the hotel you may have a queue. With luggage and a buggy this is also quite cumbersome as you have to fold down a buggy before boarding the shuttle. Walking through Disney Village is a better idea even though the Newport bay Club is the furthest hotel round the lake, as Trekkie101 said it's a lovely way to get yourself orientated. The only delay you may find is that from the train station you have to go through a security check point to enter Disney property and queues can build up here although at the time of your arrival you are more likely to find queues of people for the shuttles leaving the parks than people entering the area.

My advice at this of time of night with a 3 yr old would be to get a shuttle from the airport or if this proves too much to get the train and walk.

Have a lovely trip x

GemmaT

Aw thank you this is all very useful. I've read a few posts and seen a couple of shuttle company names , I think after the journey + with our luggage + buggy  , just jumping into a shuttle + being taken right to hotel  sounds a good idea!!  😀  excited now

hawian rollercoaster

Can anyone recommend a good shuttle company ?

GemmaT

The one I've heard mentioned the most is rstransports ,  think they have a website

heyshamcouple

Rs transports or ask shuttle are both good.

kirstyf

Does anyone have an email address for RS transport? I tried to do a google search but the web link didn't work. Thanks x

captain rocket

Sorry I did'nt reply earlier, network problems!
Their emial address is www.rstransports.com
Good luck with it.

Arrow Transport

GemmaT

Of course any help or contact details appreciated thanks

Arrow Transport

Gr1ffiths

Have you thought of hiring a car?

Family of 4 going in February, I booked a hire car from Paris Orly airport for 4 days for only £46

We get free parking at the Cheyenne and it gives us flexibility to travel anywhere else you want.
:)