Princess Pavillion

Started by haribosmum, January 20, 2014, 10:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurora1

I havn`t heard of them doing meet n`greats! Other then in the parade, they`re not seen!

Rapunzel1

Is the princess pavilion right next to the way that leads to Casey? I noticed a lot of people waiting there and I already wondered what they were doing.

If it is not too busy in March we will see if my daughter can meet a princess.

haribosmum

I'm sure I saw a pic of them in the parade over Christmas but not seen them mentioned in trip reports for the pavilion.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Sly_Racoon

Just back from visting DLRP last week, they weren't operating the time slot ticket system, just a standard queue, queue was always at least 1 hour long and people were queing outside during EMH from 9am so they could be first in at 10am!
We didn't bother waiting for this but insteand opted for the princess lunch at Auberge. Quite expensive (cost us 210EUR for 2 adults and 2 children) but we did get to see Aurora, Cinderella, Snow White, Prince Phillip, Suzy and Perla. All spent plenty of time at our table chatting and taking time for photos and autographs.

haribosmum

The queues were longer at the Disabled entrance to Princess Pavillion than I've had the past 2 years too.  It was open officially at 10:30am (although they started letting them in about 10:15).  We queued for an hr one day which was a long time but able to keep daughter in her chair.  we actually found going a bit later meant there was a shorter queue.  as always lots of people moaning/shouting at the cast members that they only saw one princess or another occasion that the daughter hadn't seen the one princess she wanted to see (she wasn't even one of the choices at the time!)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Aurora1

That seeing one princess is not going to change. Imagine those queues!
At best Castmembers ask  what princess one has already seen. And direct them to the other. But if theres two that someone has already, there`s nothing they can do!
The princess queues are often the longest ones!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Nicknocks on February 04, 2014, 10:53:03 AM
On the topic of princess does anyone know if you can met Elsa and Anna from Frozen in Paris? My DD has seen a you tube video of them doing met and greets, that the only ones she wants to met. She is almost 10 so getting to the stage of there just people dressed up to her.

Anna and Elsa are not available for meet&greets at Disneyland Paris.
You can only find them on their Frozen float during the daily Disney Magic On Parade.

They only do meets at the US Disney Parks.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Rapunzel1 on February 04, 2014, 01:35:03 PM
Is the princess pavilion right next to the way that leads to Casey? I noticed a lot of people waiting there and I already wondered what they were doing.

If it is not too busy in March we will see if my daughter can meet a princess.

No, the Princess Pavillion is right next to It's A Small World.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

julesk

I'm not sure about Frozen, but got fingers crossed at least for Anna next October. The ticket system for the pavillion has never worked when we have been there. The queues the last two times for tickets have been over 2 hours long, then there is still a wait when you get inside. Before the ticket system, the longest we waited was just under 2 hrs in total. The alternative is the princess meal, where we saw 3 princesses and 1 prince. Plus the 2 mice from cindrella. Its stress free and a great location, specially on a wet day. Plus they dance by the fire place every 20 mins, which is lovely to watch.

seraphelle

We did enjoy the meal at Auberge de Cendrillon (have no idea if I spelt that correctly) but found it to be verrrrrrrrrrrrrry expensive, especially if you have fussy kids that aren't blown away by the food they get given. The characters do come around a lot though and spend time at each table. We saw Cinderella, Aurora and Snow White with their Princes, as well as Suzy & Perla. When we queued in the Pavillion (about 90 minutes) we met Ariel which was lovely but my two girls had their hearts set on Belle and Rapunzel. We only saw Rapunzel in the parade and didn't see Belle at all during our whole stay, not even in the parade.  :(
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

haribosmum

Belle was leaving the pavilion as we went in, which was only at about 10:40 (it wasn't supposed to open till 10:30) so I couldn't work out who she'd been seeing unless it was VIPs or just a photo shoot.  The only other time we saw her was walking near the annual passport office, towards the big concrete stage (used to be winnie the pooh stage) and entering the back of the Auberge restaurant, she was there along with Tiana. 

In previous years I've seen lots of different princesses, but on our 3 visits this time, Snow white was there for each of them.  We did see Cinderella for the first time in the pavilion this year (only seen her in the auberge before).  We got to see Rapunzel a few years back who is still my favourite!
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

seraphelle

Oh OK, I did wonder if we were just unlucky that time and maybe the cast member who plays Belle was ill or something  :-\  Does she not appear in the parade usually then? We're going back this year and my kids are determined to see Belle at some point even if its just in the parade. I'd hate for them to be disappointed again. Fingers crossed we see her this year!  ;D
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: seraphelle on February 26, 2014, 02:04:01 PM
Oh OK, I did wonder if we were just unlucky that time and maybe the cast member who plays Belle was ill or something  :-\  Does she not appear in the parade usually then? We're going back this year and my kids are determined to see Belle at some point even if its just in the parade. I'd hate for them to be disappointed again. Fingers crossed we see her this year!  ;D

Belle is not a part of the daily parade unfortunately. The only opportunity you have to meet her is at the Princess Pavillion, but that's a gamble since you never know which princess you get to meet.

haribosmum

I think she is often at the Auberge meal too.  Though again I don't think you can guarantee who're you're going to see.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: haribosmum on February 26, 2014, 02:57:27 PM
I think she is often at the Auberge meal too.  Though again I don't think you can guarantee who're you're going to see.

She's at Auberge sometimes, but it's the same as with the Princess Pavillion... you never know beforehand.
The only difference is the Princess Pavillion is free and for Auberge you have to pay €65 for terrible food.