Dining in time for Dreams!

Started by pialykke, January 15, 2014, 10:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pialykke

I am just looking at what restaurants to book for our trip in March. We arrive on Monday the 17th - which is Skt. Patricks Day...

We would like to eat at Plaza Gardens that evening - maybe around 18.00 - so we don't have to rush to make Dreams! That should give us roughly 2 hours - is that too much?! I'm just thinking, if there is a delay in getting in, depending on how busy it is... If there is a long wait to get round to all the food... If the boys need the toilet etc... Just don't want to be rushed - and we haven't been to Plaza Gardens before, so I really want to enjoy it, and taste as much food as poss. (Not to mention the desserts...!!)  ;D

The park shuts at 20.00 - does that mean, that Dreams! starts bang on 20.00 or maybe 19.45??

Also, as it's Skt. Patricks Day, there are usually fireworks, right? Will they be tied in with Dreams!? Or is there a separate display for them?

Any help greatly appreciated!

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

bad-pink-tink

If the park shuts at 20.00 then yes Dreams will start at 20.00 People start gathering about an hour before hand, sometimes longer depending on how busy the park is. I would advise making a reservation at the Plaza for maybe 17.30 . That way you can have 2 hours if you need it in the restaurant. To be on the safe side I would leave the restaurant the latest 19.30 and head out to find a spot for Dreams.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Aobh

Quote from: pialykke on January 15, 2014, 10:00:07 PM
I am just looking at what restaurants to book for our trip in March. We arrive on Monday the 17th - which is Skt. Patricks Day...

We would like to eat at Plaza Gardens that evening - maybe around 18.00 - so we don't have to rush to make Dreams! That should give us roughly 2 hours - is that too much?! I'm just thinking, if there is a delay in getting in, depending on how busy it is... If there is a long wait to get round to all the food... If the boys need the toilet etc... Just don't want to be rushed - and we haven't been to Plaza Gardens before, so I really want to enjoy it, and taste as much food as poss. (Not to mention the desserts...!!)  ;D

The park shuts at 20.00 - does that mean, that Dreams! starts bang on 20.00 or maybe 19.45??

Also, as it's Skt. Patricks Day, there are usually fireworks, right? Will they be tied in with Dreams!? Or is there a separate display for them?

Great minds think alike!! we also arrive on St Patrick's day and are looking at booking Plaza Gardens for before Dreams. I think we will try to book for 5.45pm to allow for delays and give us plenty of time to enjoy our meal  :D

pialykke

Quote from: Aobh on January 19, 2014, 07:46:08 PM
Quote from: pialykke on January 15, 2014, 10:00:07 PM

Great minds think alike!! we also arrive on St Patrick's day and are looking at booking Plaza Gardens for before Dreams. I think we will try to book for 5.45pm to allow for delays and give us plenty of time to enjoy our meal  :D

Aobh
Hey that's cool! Maybe see you there! :) Sounds about right to book for 5.45. I think I'll book our table this week.
We are staying for 5 days, Mon - Fri at the Santa Fe - how long are you there for?

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

Aobh

We're there monday - friday also. We are staying in HNY! There's 4 of us me, DH, DD 9 & DS 5. This will be our 8th trip  :) I will be booking on Friday when I decide where else we will be dining (doing HB plus) When I read your post DD said "mum its like someone's stolen your identity" lol

pialykke

Quote from: Aobh on January 20, 2014, 08:05:20 PM
We're there monday - friday also. We are staying in HNY! There's 4 of us me, DH, DD 9 & DS 5. This will be our 8th trip  :) I will be booking on Friday when I decide where else we will be dining (doing HB plus) When I read your post DD said "mum its like someone's stolen your identity" lol
Haha, aah bless her. :)
There are 5 of us, DH (who is English - I'm Danish), DS7, DS6 and my mum. It's only our 2nd trip (my mums first time). Wish we could go more often, but it's just not possible at the moment. We also wont be going back till the 25th in 2017...  :'(  (Unless we win the lottery! Fingers crossed...... ::) )

We are going to book Cafe Mickey for the Thursday night (missing one last viewing of Dreams! - but so be it, we will be watching it every night apart from Thursday) - and we are having breakfast there too on the Wed. at 8.00 am.
Don't know what to do for the two other dinners - depends on what is open I guess...  :-\

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

GemmaT

Hello guys sounds like you have been a few times, so  I'm need of advice. Itl be my first time going in March. What is dreams??? I want to see everything but on the Tuesday night wev booked into cafe mickey at 7.30 pm for food as it's my daughters birthday. Advice would be great 😃
Next visit December 2015 😃😃😃

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: GemmaT on January 25, 2014, 09:52:01 AM
Hello guys sounds like you have been a few times, so  I'm need of advice. Itl be my first time going in March. What is dreams??? I want to see everything but on the Tuesday night wev booked into cafe mickey at 7.30 pm for food as it's my daughters birthday. Advice would be great 😃

Dreams! is the castle based night time spectacular using fireworks, water, projections and light up hats. Do not miss this show :)

Its on every night at park closing time. It lasts 22 minutes.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Aobh

I have booked Plaza Gardens for 17 March - couldn't get 5:45 so booked for 5:30 instead. Have booked the Parkside diner  at HNY for Tuesday and Cafe Mickey for 6pm on the Thursday.. I think we will go to Annette's on the Wednesday. Getting hungry thinking about it already  ;D

pialykke

Quote from: Aobh on January 26, 2014, 09:01:06 PM
I have booked Plaza Gardens for 17 March - couldn't get 5:45 so booked for 5:30 instead. Have booked the Parkside diner  at HNY for Tuesday and Cafe Mickey for 6pm on the Thursday.. I think we will go to Annette's on the Wednesday. Getting hungry thinking about it already  ;D

I have just booked our restaurants today as well - Plaza Gardens for 6 pm on the Monday. And Cafe Mickey for the Thursday - but the operator told me the earliest booking I could make for Cafe Mickey was 6.15?? I wanted 6pm too... Oh well, doesn't matter... We're in!!  ;D  I can't wait!
Funny thing is, I have thought of Annette's for the Wednesday too!!! Are we stalking eachother?  :o
It would be great to meet up (we'll probably bump into eachother anyway).

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

Aobh

Great minds obviously think alike! It feels more real when the meals are booked. If you see us call over and say hi! We will be the Irish couple with 2 mad kids stacking our plates high at the buffet lol