Santa Fe Hotel

Started by nattylou, January 09, 2014, 01:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nattylou

Hi, we are going on 31st July (202 days!) and this time we are staying in the Santa Fe Hotel (first time in a Dsiney hotel.)  We visited last year but stayed off-site.  I can't remember how you get to the Disney hotels.  Do you go through the main entrance, with the HUGE Disneyland sign?  My dh thinks that you turn off before hand and go on another road.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Also, we are staying offsite on the Thursday night and going to the Disney Hotel first thing on the Friday morning.  What is the earliest we can get our park tickets?  I know we can't use Magic Hours on our first day, and I also know that we can't check into our rooms til 3.00, but what is the earliest time we can get our tickets and meal vouchers?
Thanks in advance x

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: nattylou on January 09, 2014, 01:40:32 PM
Hi, we are going on 31st July (202 days!) and this time we are staying in the Santa Fe Hotel (first time in a Dsiney hotel.)  We visited last year but stayed off-site.  I can't remember how you get to the Disney hotels.  Do you go through the main entrance, with the HUGE Disneyland sign?  My dh thinks that you turn off before hand and go on another road.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I stayed in Santa Fe Hotel in 2011. It depends on your transport. Are you travelling by train, driving or getting the VEA bus?
if you arrive by train, the best thing to do is get the Shuttle bus direct to Santa Fe from the train station.
if you are driving, after the sign for the golf course you will see a sign for Disneyland Hotels on the right. Take this turn and follow the road, The hotels are signposted so just follow the signs.
If you are arriving by VEA or any other transport pick up service they will bring you direct to Santa Fe Hotel.

Quote from: nattylou on January 09, 2014, 01:40:32 PMAlso, we are staying offsite on the Thursday night and going to the Disney Hotel first thing on the Friday morning.  What is the earliest we can get our park tickets?  I know we can't use Magic Hours on our first day, and I also know that we can't check into our rooms til 3.00, but what is the earliest time we can get our tickets and meal vouchers?
Thanks in advance x

You can actually check in at any time but your room may not be available when you arrive. All the hotels have a left luggage area. If you just go direct to the hotel reception when you arrive, they will let you know what you can do. When you check in you get an envelope with your park tickets, meal vouchers etc. To access the park for EMH you need an extra coupon from the hotel which you get when you check in. The most likely thing that will happen is that you will be able to check in, get your park tickets and then have to leave your luggage in the left luggage room. At reception they will tell you when your room will be available and you may have to get your room keys later in the day. There is usually someone at the reception desk 24 hours a day, so even if you dont get back to the hotel until after the park closes, you will still be able to get your room keys. Also just check the hours of the left luggage area so you make sure you are back in time.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

never2old

We've gone and stayed off site the night before checking into a Disney hotel many times before, it's the best way to make the most of your trip!

We usually end up showing up at the hotel shortly before 8am, and always use the EMH (the only thing you can't do is have breakfast on that day)

As bad-pink-tink said, if you're driving you'll see the signs when you're getting to the park, you turn off the main road before getting to the big car park with the big Disneyland sign; just follow the signs when you leave the motorway, first to the Disney Hotels, and then to the Santa Fe itself. It's really easy  :)

nattylou

I thought we couldn't use the Magic Hours on our first day. Can we?  Even if we are staying off site the night before?

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: nattylou on January 10, 2014, 10:50:24 AM
I thought we couldn't use the Magic Hours on our first day. Can we?  Even if we are staying off site the night before?

As long as you goto the Disney Hotel first thing in the morning and pick up your easy pass you can :)

Your room still probably won't be ready until after 3pm though, but there's luggage storage.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

nattylou

Ooh, yay!  Even MORE excited now (if that's possible!)  ;D :D :)

Thank you