2014 theme.

Started by Belloboy7, December 31, 2013, 11:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belloboy7

Does any one know of the theme for next year ?

mnewcourt

dazzle_v2003

I think but people correct me if I am long there isn't going to be a year long theme this year but more smaller festivals throughout the year such as The flowers festival, Halloween, Christmas etc.

I may be incorrect but from reading posts and what people have been saying from events at DLP on this forum this will be the case.

SamT

Fine by me. Getting bored of these year-long themes that ALWAYS get extended.

mnewcourt

Quote from: dazzle_v2003 on January 01, 2014, 03:52:28 PM
I think but people correct me if I am long there isn't going to be a year long theme this year but more smaller festivals throughout the year such as The flowers festival, Halloween, Christmas etc.

I may be incorrect but from reading posts and what people have been saying from events at DLP on this forum this will be the case.
I won't mind the above at all.

aquacat2

If anything it makes sense, year long celebrations (in my mind) should be for special occasions such as the 20th anniversary if they keep having them it means they loose their edge
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Ranch Davy Crockett - 2007
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

SVioletS

I read somewhere something about a flowers festival... Meant to look up more info, but didn't have time!

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

DisneyManiac

The Flower Festival was on last year, it starts in April

DLRP Roundup!

It seems so far, we're going themeless :P

We've got (advertising wise):

January - 30 days of YES!
February - Share a memory (with loved ones)

Then I imagine shortly after it'll be "Book for summer and explore our new attraction :D"
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

aquacat2

Quote from: Trekkie101 on January 02, 2014, 01:40:42 PM

Then I imagine shortly after it'll be "Book for summer and explore our new attraction :D"

That would probably be enough on its own! I just need to convince a friend to go with me and I will be there just based on that!
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: aquacat2 on January 02, 2014, 11:03:41 PM
Quote from: Trekkie101 on January 02, 2014, 01:40:42 PM

Then I imagine shortly after it'll be "Book for summer and explore our new attraction :D "

That would probably be enough on its own! I just need to convince a friend to go with me and I will be there just based on that!

...and Dreams! Should be enough to get anyone along :P
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

bad-pink-tink

Quote from: aquacat2 on January 02, 2014, 11:03:41 PM
I just need to convince a friend to go with me and I will be there just based on that!

Why do you need to convince a friend to go with you? If you want to go to DLP just go. I go to Disneyland California every year with friends and I have done 1 solo trip and a second almost solo trip to DLP. To be honest while I enjoy being in Disney with my friends, I actually prefer being in the park on my own. You can do the park at your own pace, be totally free to go where you want and go on whatever rides you want. You don't have to compromise, miss out on something you want to do  or wait for someone to get ready in the mornings, Also as a single female a solo Disney holiday is one of the safest things to do  :) 
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

aquacat2

Fair enough, I think its because 1) never done a holiday solo 2)Disney is a family place I think iy would be odd to go by myself
But thanks for the tip, given me some food for thought
Newport Bay Club- 2006
Hotel Santa Fe - 2015

Japperboy

why have a theme when their s nothing been done by the theme, no shows (except dreams), no new attractions (for at least 7 months), no special characters. I hope the flower festival will be like the epcot flower and garden festival.

I hope we will get a lego-festival too, with the opening of the lego store. Lego-statues all around the park...?

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney