How do you countdown how many sleeps till your next trip?

Started by DisneyManiac, December 30, 2013, 12:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisneyManiac

amanda08

hmmm, with a calander? Or with my phone ap? and also by obessingly posting here almost everday ;D

sarahh83

i have a countdown app on my phone thats got a picture of the disney castle from when we went in december 2012

i have just 44 days to go to our next visit!

its hard this time as we are having to talk in secret code, we arent telling our 4 year old son about this visit! last year we told him in the june about us going for his 3rd birthday in the december and he drove us batty haha
First visit to DLP but stayed in Paris in 1993 just after DLP opened - aged 10!!

Cheyenne 13-17 Dec 2012 - amazing time for my sons 3rd birthday

Santa Fe 12-16 Feb 2014 - truly magical, Valentines meal overlooking the fireworks at the DLP hotel ... PERFECT!

Newport Bay 23-27 Dec 2015 - I only went and got engaged ON CHRISTMAS DAY IN DISNEYLAND ❤❤❤ 1st in the park on Boxing Day too ... amazeballs

DisneyManiac

amanda08

DisneyManiac

That is nice to know but how did you work that out from how many days you have?

DLRP Roundup!

Take the date your going, and then work out the days in between, count the months, then the difference in days of the last month :P

That and I built a countdown timer.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Gemma W

We have 28 sleeps til our next trip. I have an app on my tablet which has been counting down from 300+ days so exciting that it is so close now! We have just told our kids (we go on the 1st Feb so told them on new years day) and we are now doing a Disney countdown. I have a blackboard count down thingy that I made and each morning the children find something new to do in the count down. So far we have had Make mickey Pizza, make Disney Mr Potato heads and today make a Mickey out of a paper plate. All good fun!

DisneyManiac

I don't think you guys are getting me. Here is an example of what I mean:

Say I had 296 Days until my next trip to Disneyland Paris, well how do I calculate how many SLEEPS I have left from how many DAYS I have left.

Do you get what I'm saying?

SwipatronSparks

i get what you mean, if you have 296 days to go then you have 295 sleeps you have one less sleep than the amount of days as day 296 (in this case) is the day you leave =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

DisneyManiac

amanda08

danogian

Sorry, but I have to disagree. If there is 1 day until my visit (i.e. I go tomorrow), then there is also 1 sleep until my visit (i.e. tonight). So the number of sleeps is equal to the number of days, not 1 less.

Previous Visits:
Oct 2011 - Santa Fé - 3 nights
Oct 2012 - Cheyenne - 3 nights
Apr 2014 - Sequoia Lodge - 4 nights
Jun 2015 - Sequoia Lodge (GFC) - 4 nights

DisneyManiac

Well wouldn't it be 2 days including the day you actually go?

danogian

No - if that were true, then if I go today, it's 1 day until I go which is ridiculous.

Previous Visits:
Oct 2011 - Santa Fé - 3 nights
Oct 2012 - Cheyenne - 3 nights
Apr 2014 - Sequoia Lodge - 4 nights
Jun 2015 - Sequoia Lodge (GFC) - 4 nights