Spending money

Started by glgittens85, November 14, 2013, 01:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michellemumof2xx

We are taking our first trip in feb. We are staying at HNY for 4 nights 5 days. We have breakfast included and have half board premium meal plans. I intend to take about €1400 for a family of 2 adults 2 kids,as im not sure what we might buy,if we might want to take a day trip to paris,souvenirs,and any photis,lunch we might also want. (We are using our meal plans for evening) but i do intend to buy things for my daughters and myself from the shops and hope to bring some money home!! Hope this helps you, michelle
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

gemma2806

I'm going for 6nts/7days and getting £1400 changed into euros. There is myself, partner and our son going and we will need to buy lunch and dinner everyday but we are doing some of the more expensive restaurants as a treat. I will also be buying Christmas presents, souvenirs and photos etc. I'm hoping I've over budgeted as we ran out of money on our last day there last year and had to use breakfast items for lunch as we had seriously overspent! It's so easy to do and I don't have a lot of willpower when away, it's usually if I want it I get it but hopefully I'll be coming back with some money this time!  :)

pialykke

We are going to do the 2 meals a day thing as well.
When you have breakfast at the Sequoia, don't be surprised if you see people stacking up on rolls, croissants and toast/sandwiches to take to the parks - everyone does it, and it is not frowned upon. Bring a freezerbag to keep the stuff in, and you will have some freebies for snacking on later.
There is always the Earl of Sandwich which is very fairly priced, and the food is delish. We will certainly be going there a few times on our next visit.  :)
We will be going to counterservice/buffet places for dinner too, can't afford table service every night for a week (we are 4 nights 5 days too). So trying to keep the cost down....  :-\ I think we will only be taking about £250-£300 cash, incl. food total! That is all we spent there last time (4 nights 5 days as well). The boys had £50 each for souveniers on top of that. So it can be done "cheap"...
At the end of the day, it is what you make it. If you want to spend more, then there is every opportunity to... But it can be done very cheap...

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe

Kat13

Sorry to dive in on this! We are going next week (YAY!) and we have booked full board plus. Arriving on Monday at 2pm and leaving Thursday at 6pm. We have 330 Euros for drinks/souvenirs etc. Do you think that will be enough? 2 adults, 1 child and an infant. Thanks guys!
Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest Club - December \":-)\"

Zee79

It all depends on how much you want to spend,where you will be eating and what you will be buying. We normally take £500 for a family of 4 to eat two meals a day plus eating in one of the more expensive places at least once. If in doubt we normally say eat at Mcdonalds, can't go wrong there haha. I would say the drinks between meals are what mounts the cost up so I would take some with you from home if you can. We used to take our thermo mugs and make hot chocolate up to last some of the morning and then it would be time for lunch so drink with meal so only a drink between then and evening meal.

Kat13

Thanks Zee79. Food is covered, brekkie at hotel and full board plus booked. I plan to take some drinks from home, and then the spending money we have will literally be just drinks and whatever the children would like to buy (they also have some of their own money).
Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest Club - December \":-)\"

glgittens85

I am liking the Thermos idea Zee79 - Even though its June I still need my hot drinks in the morning! Lol

Reading the different replies I can see it can be done on a reasonable budget - Thanks for the tips everyone!