Arranging to have gifts put in room on arrival

Started by Kat13, December 02, 2013, 01:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat13

Hello All,  hope I have posted this in the correct place, apologies if not!
We are staying at Sequioa Lodge next week (YAY!!!!!!!!) and I wanted to organise having an autograph book and pen put in the room, gift wrapped, for each of my children, as a gift from Mickey. The SL have been very helpful and the prices are reasonable but they require me to pay via credit card (which is fine) but sending info via a form, via email. Has anyone done this before? Is it safe? Thanks in advance!!!!
Katy
Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest Club - December \":-)\"

bad-pink-tink

In a previous job we had a similar procedure. In my previous job we had an order form for gifts which we emailed to customers. They filled in their order, including their credit card details for payment and emailed the completed order form back to us.

We had a very strict data protection policy, the email was printed out and then immediately deleted. Once the payment transaction was completed, the card detail part of the order form was destroyed and the order form was placed in the locked filing cabinet.

I know many people are very nervous about paying for things online but large companies like Disney would have very strict data protection policies and procedures.
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Kat13

Fabulous, thank you!!! The credit card I intend to use only has a £100 limit (I reduced it and have it as a stand by for things like this) and the gifts only come to £30 so I will use that. Thanks for the help!

haribosmum

We did it at the Hotel New York.  Contacted them direct, they emailed an order form.  We then had to complete it, scan a copy of the credit card in and send it back to them.  We had not problems and am sure they are good with security.
They didn't gift wrap (though we didn't specifically ask) so the price was exactly the same as in the hotel shop.  Actually the receipt that was in an envelope on the table was from the hotel shop so I guess that's all they did.  My daughter loved having a present on the bed when we went in.  As it was our honeymoon we also had one of the packages so the room was full of heart balloons and rose petals :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Kat13

Thanks for that haribosmum! Yes, I need to photocopy the credit card and drivers licence. I am sure it will be safe, just wanted some reassurance!

cyrilthemilkman

oooh, i like the idea of having some little gift in the room when we get there for the boys.  Is there a list anywhere of what they can/can't do?  Was thinking of having the autograph books as gifts under the tree as we go a week or so later, but would like something else in the room, maybe some light ears or something.  And presumably you can do this at Davy Crockett.

Thanks everyone.

Kat13

I simply emailed the SL directly (googled their address) and they have been fab, veru helpful.  They sent me a list of autograph book and pen prices:
AUTOGRAPH    BOOKS

Red with characters for both parcs    7,99 €

Princesses or Buzz Lightyear           9,99 €

Paris                                            12,99 €

PENS

Mickey head or Stitch's                 4,99 €

Mickey's Hat or Hand                    7,99 €

Minnie-Tinkerbell                           2,99 €

But I am sure they have more info they can send you. Hope this helps!

cyrilthemilkman

Thanks very much I might drop Davy Crockett an email then to see what they can do.  Thanks

Samninetysix

When we did a similar thing I had to fax a copy of my credit card to DLP but it was safe enough, nothing bad happened although you can never tell if someone is going to be dishonest

Kat13

cyrilthemilkman

Thanks very Much Kat13.  I've had a brief look between 'working' but didn't find anything.  Thanks for these I'll fire something off to them now.

cyrilthemilkman

So I've just got off the phone to the Davy Crockett Ranch, and they've told me that they can't accommodate this request in the room.  I'm not sure if they didn't understand me correctly, as he was explaining I get bedding and towels and when I asked if we could pay for mickey hands or lightears he didn't really seem sure, so I might try again in a couple of days.  Language barriers I guess!  Have to swot up on my francais