Baby food - help!!

Started by strawjaw, December 03, 2013, 07:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strawjaw

Hi all

We're going to dlrp just before Christmas, I have a young son who still eats the first stage baby food from jars.
I don't want to have to take 17 jars with me, as it will weigh heavy and I'd be scared of them getting smashed, can anyone tell me how easy it is to buy these jars from there? Or am I better taking them with me?? If so, what's the best way of getting them over there???

Thank you in advance.  :D
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]
January 2006 - WDW - Grosvenor Resort, Honeymoon, 14 nights.
March 2010- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 3 nights
March 2011 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 4 nights
December 2013 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, 5 nights

never2old

They sell baby jars in the baby care center (at the end of Main Street, next to Plaza Gardens) and in the Bixby Brothers shop (in Town Square); they may sell them in other shops too, I've only noticed them there. I'm not sure of their prices though, but it being Disney they are probably more expensive there than elsewhere... There's also not a huge selection!

If you have a car or don't mind taking the RER train to Val d'Europe (one stop from DLP), there's the big shopping center there with an Auchan supermarket, they have a great selection there!

polar vixen

That, or try the boxed first stage baby food that you mix with water, (not as nice I know, but it would travel well), or get him started on some soft fruit, mashed banana is easy....

haribosmum

some of the restaurants have them.  the baby care places do too.  possibly the shop in the station too.  or is it only 1 stop on the train to the supermarket.
maybe take a few to start with and then a quick trip out if needed.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

Zee79

Most buffets do types of custard, yogurt etc.. you could try him on them. You could also try him on mashed veg we did with our eldest, she only 7 month old when we went away for the first time with her, she soon started eating a wider variety of foods and has had a good diet ever since.

strawjaw

Thank you so much for all your help and advice, I really appreciate it, it's a bit hard with my son, as he's 1, but has trouble eating anything with texture, he does eat some solids, but he won't eat a full meal, so we have to give him the jars, then fill him up with finger food in between, he's also lactose intolerant, so it's s nightmare trying to maintain his diet!! I was going to take his breakfast as the powdered kind you mix with milk, and he will eat bananas and other bits, so I will take a few jars with me, try him with as much proper food as possible, and if all fails, buy from the parks - the supermarket sounds great, but I don't trust myself not to get the wrong train or something daft, so if he won't eat in the restaurants, at least I now know I can buy his jars there!!!
We were hoping when we booked it, he'd have grown out of it and be eating normally, but no such luck. Even the dietitian is stumped. ???
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]

polar vixen

My four youngest are both cow's milk, and gluten intolerant, and it's so hard! We found the plaza gardens, and the restaurant des stars particularly good, as they have fresh fruit you can help yourself to, and jelly pots on the dessert stand!  The Staff were also pretty good at telling us what was safe, or finding someone who could, and your son will eat for free here!

strawjaw

Quote from: polar vixen on December 04, 2013, 12:40:21 AM
My four youngest are both cow's milk, and gluten intolerant, and it's so hard! We found the plaza gardens, and the restaurant des stars particularly good, as they have fresh fruit you can help yourself to, and jelly pots on the dessert stand!  The Staff were also pretty good at telling us what was safe, or finding someone who could, and your son will eat for free here!

Thank you for this, we had planned on going to the Restaurant des Stars, but we'll definitely visit Plaza Gardens too.  :D
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]