Walking Tour

Started by MinnieEars, November 13, 2013, 10:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinnieEars

Hello

Has anyone ever done the 2hr walking tour of Disneyland Park?

Can you tell me what they include and what to expect please?

Thank you

amanda08

MinnieEars

bad-pink-tink

I plan on doing this when I go at Christmas and I will come back and update this thread  :)
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Sulley's Arms

We did the walking tour in February, and it was excellent - far more interesting than even I thought possible (and I was the one that booked it!).

Most of our time was spent on Main Street USA, possibly because each of the buildings has it's own story and reference to 'real' history.  The format though is quite fluid and your guide should ask how you want to play it, as you work your way through the 2 hours.  We opted to miss Discoveryland completely to spend more time going around Frontierland & Adventureland.

I've never even booked a tour of a real, historical city so to have done one for a 'fictional' place, and enjoyed it immensely, says it all.  ;)
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

gemma2806

Ooh I may look into doing this as well. Is it still free for children under 10? Do they also do one for the Studios park?

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: gemma2806 on November 14, 2013, 11:45:48 AM
Ooh I may look into doing this as well. Is it still free for children under 10? Do they also do one for the Studios park?

Yes, under 10s are still free.
There is also a tour of WDS, although this is 1h30, rather than 2h00.
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

gemma2806

Thanks Sulley's Arms I will look into this. My other half loves all the hidden extras and little facts about the parks especially the Studios so will see if he wants to do this.  :D

mnewcourt

I took the tour and loved it. My girlfriend and I where to only ones that day so we had a private tour. I believe we ran a bit late and eventually ended it after 2,5 hours. I loved it and would gladly recommend it to everyone else.

fiyero

I did the Walt Disney Studios tour a few years back and was the only one on it! It was great as I found out the light switches in the Studio 1 were real and you could alter the lighting! I mentioned how I was too scared to go on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster so he showed me the launch (I went on it later as there was no queue!). After that my memory is a bit fuzzy but it was a great tour. I was going to do the Disneyland Park tour last time but the languages were wrong at the times I could do it but I'll try again next year

Kesirra

We did the tour today and it was great.   I would enquire about doing it as soon as you can as the tours are at various times throughout the day depending on demand and the language needed. 

We were asked at the beginning if there were any particular places that we were interested in or not bothered about and the tour was based around the information we gave. We also got to see behind the scenes of star tours. It's really just watching the hydraulics moving the pod around but I found it interesting.  At the end of the tour we were also given a collectors pin each and were told that they are quite special as you can't buy them anywhere.

Oh and there was only the three of us on the tour.  I would certainly recommend doing it.

We were also told that the studios do a tour too although it's more about movie making in general rather than about Disney.

shewholaughs

This sounds awesome. Definitely want to do this when I'm there in December. Hopefully lil' Bro agrees to it...