Character Dining, help.

Started by itsatinksthing, November 08, 2013, 01:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsatinksthing

Okay, I have a little problem!

I want to do the character dining either in Cafe Mickey or Auberge De Cendrillon, but I'm 25, as is my boyfriend, but we're just huge big kids. Disney means sooooo much to me (and to him, shhh haha). BUT! I'm wondering if we're a little too old to do this?

I really want to do it, and my boyfriend has said he will... if I get two positive stories about character dining from people around our age.

Anyone got any?

haribosmum

I've not done it without my daughter so couldn't say how much time the princesses would spend with you.  Personally I didn't like the food and think the experience at Inventions is much better (along with the food) but if you specifically want to see the princesses then it has to be Auberge.

I've been to Disney twice before having children and there's nothing you're too old to do :-)  I queued for dumbo and all the fantasyland rides, no reason not too :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

never2old

Yes, we're all big kids when we get to Disney!!

We've eaten at Inventions and Cafe Mickey a few times before having our daughter, and it was never a problem  :) To be honest I used to be a bit shy when it came to meeting the characters, thinking it was just for the little children... It was very liberating to realise that I was wrong and that you are never too old for that!!

So don't worry about it and enjoy!!

norhel

At Disney, you are never to old to meet the characters :-)
If you want to go, go :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

PrincessKirsty

My friend and I have just returned from DLP adn we are both 26 and we did Cafe Mickey and Auberge! it was great, we werent made to feel silly or anything. The characters in cafe Mickey were great interacting with us as best they could and in Auberge we were able to talk to the princesses for a long time and ask them questions. Belle in particular was wonderful with us, talking about living in the Enchanted castle and how she likes to take the Beast on the teacups as he can spin it around fast. we got lots of nice photos too! the food is Auberge is very fancy but nice and Cafe Mickey have great fast food. you deffo need to try the profiterole, its to die for!!!
You are definitely never too old at Disney so go and get your meals booked! it will be the best experience you ever have!!

Aurora1

dito, to all that has been said! Do it! It`s Disney! :)

itsatinksthing

You're all fantastic and all of this has been enough to convince my boyfriend that we should do the character dining! :D

Thank you so much! Just need to decide about which one to do now, haha. I'm a very picky eater, so I have to choose carefully! But thank you, you've all really helped!!

haribosmum

If you're picky then Auberge may not suit you.  CafĂ© Mickey is very much American Diner type food and Inventions is just a wonderful buffet (can you guess my preference lol)

Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20