Free parking when staying at a Disney hotel

Started by Otharia, October 23, 2013, 05:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otharia

Hi,
we're going to DLRP next week and we want to go by car this time.
I've read everywhere that parking is free when you stay at a Disney hotel (we're in Cheyenne) but you have to use the easypass which you receive when you check in.
So how does it work when you arrive? As we won't have the pass yet, will we need to pay once? Or do you pay only when you go off the parking?
Can we get on the hotel parking without checking in?
And when we leave, same thing as we won't have the pass anymore (I suppose).
I worry too much I guess but I just want to be sure -.-

Fayebie

Hello, we stayed at the santa fe and they had people on the gates and we just showed them are booking form that we printed out and they were fine . they never really asked when we were leaving for a pass . I hope this helps altho its not the same hotel im asumming it should all be the same . But dont worry just think of all the disney stuff you can bring back in the car  :D

danogian

We've stayed at the Cheyenne and Santa Fé. Both have barriers at the entrance to the site, but at both we just waved our printed confirmations and the guard opened the barrier without bothering to look at it.

The Cheyenne has 2 main car parks, 1 at each end of the site, each one with spaces for 200-300 cars at a guess. When you arrive, the entrance to the first car park is on the right immediately after the barrier, but you need to drive past this, then past the service road which is the second right turn, then past the park shuttle turning circle / bus stop area which is the third right. Straight after this, the fourth right turn is for new arrivals, you turn down here, past the front of the hotel reception, and back on yourself into a small car park with spaces for 40-50 cars. You can leave your car here while you check in, then the staff at reception will tell you which of the 2 main car parks to use for your accomodation.

I've never used a pass to get in and out - I thought the easypass was just to get entry to the parks for Extra Magic Hours.

Previous Visits:
Oct 2011 - Santa Fé - 3 nights
Oct 2012 - Cheyenne - 3 nights
Apr 2014 - Sequoia Lodge - 4 nights
Jun 2015 - Sequoia Lodge (GFC) - 4 nights

Zee79

We have done this quite a few times at different hotels and all hotels are the same, just showing the booking confirmation and they let you through.