Rides for a threee year old

Started by josiejo18, October 09, 2013, 01:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josiejo18

Hi all Am off to DLP 02/12/2013 with our three year old grandaughter.  We went last year and only did the carousel.  What other rides do you recommend? What activities do you recomend.  Thank you so much for your help and advice in advance Jo

SVioletS

Hi,

First of all, no matter what rides, she will love just being there! It's a magical season! :)
As for the rides, besides the Caroussel, you can go on It's a Small World, Dumbo, Casey's Coaster (not sure, but we went when our daughter as 3 and a half), TeaCups, Meet n' Greet with the Princesses and Mickey, Alice's Labyrinth, Sleeping Beauty Castle, Thunder Mesa Riverboat, Pocahontas Village, Robinson Crusoe Treehouse, Alladin's passage, Pirate's Beach, Autopia...

In the Studios you have the shows Stitch Show and Playhouse Disney Live, Animagique; also you can do Flying Carpets, and the rides in Toystory Land...

There's plenty to see and do! Also, always fun just go around the park in the train and take a ride down main street in the horse-drawn cars...

These are just some ideas! Someone else may add! :)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

gemma2806

I think SVioletS has covered pretty much everything!

I took my son just before his 3rd birthday last year and he went on pretty much everything but it does depend on the child. My son is tall for his age and was big enough last year to be able to ride Twilight Zone Tower of Terror ( however I sensibly kept him away from this!) and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad however he decided against it because he didn't like how loud it was. He went on Pirates of the Caribbean and quite enjoyed it and surprisingly for me he loved Phantom Manor so much it was one of the rides we went on most during our stay. He wasn't overly keen on Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop but surprisingly loved going on Panoramagique! He also didn't like the loudness of the Motors Action Show so we ended up leaving and for this reason I didn't try him with Armageddon.

He loved meeting the characters and as SVioletS said the Disneyland Railroad is also a big hit!

I would just see at the time exactly what she'd like to do as you can always start to queue for a ride and leave if she changes her mind. I imagine that one of her favourite rides would end up being "it's a small world" it is amazing just how many times you can find yourself on this ride!

never2old

My 2 year old loved meeting the characters, I think giving Mickey a hug was her favourite thing. We went to Meet Mickey Mouse and did a character meal in Inventions. She also liked seeing all the characters in the parade, or the character train.

We took her on Peter Pan (it's one of the few films she's seen and she loves it), Dumbo, IASW, the Carousel, Alice's Curious Labyrinth and Le Pays de Contes de Fees (Casey Jr was closed but I think she would have liked it). We also did Pirates, she was OK but not her favourite (we'll be trying again next week ;) ), Buzz Lightyear (she loved it, after a couple of goes she was shooting the gun herself and having a great time), and the train around the park. We didnt try Pinocchio because it was closed, and I was afraid she would find Snow White a bit scary. But we're going back next week, she's now 2 and a half, so I want to try all the dark rides with her and hopefully Phantom Manor.

In the Studios we did Animagique (she loved it), the flying carpets, and Slinky Dog. I think she's still too short for the parachutes, so we didn't try it. Oh, and we also did Playhouse Live, she liked the bits with Mickey and Winnie, but she doesn't know the little Einsteins and doesn't particularly like Handy Manny, so she was a bit more bored in those bits. Still, now that Princess Sofia and Jake are in the pre-show, I think she's going to enjoy it a lot more!

I would suggest you start with the "safe" rides like IASW, which all children seem to love, and see how she re-acts. Some children are also a bit scared of the characters at first, so try to see a few "from a distance" before you take her to meet them up close...

There are also a couple of playgrounds, in Frontierland and Adventureland, which are good places to unwind and let them run around a bit.

Hope you have a wonderful time!!

Zee79

Hi,
Most of the rides have been covered by previous replies. I would say it would depend on what your granddaughter is like. I've been taking my children, nieces and nephew sinced they were 9 month old (now 10yr, 7, 6, 2 1/2, 2 1/2) and know what each child would/wouldn't go on. Snow White was fine with them all (i have 1 daughter & 1 niece who are big chickens!) the others are dare devils. All enjoy Casey Junior and the story book ride as well. Peter Pan can be a bit quick and jerky for a children's ride but still suitable.