Help with hotel choice over New Years.

Started by spicy, October 03, 2013, 06:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spicy

Hi guys,

Just looking for your valued opinions please!

I'm looking to go to Disneyland Paris over New Years I want to stay on site. Usually I would stay in the Disneyland hotel, however it is far too expensive on these dates! Therefore I'm looking to stay in the New York, Newport bay or Sequoia Lodge. I know New York is rated the best but I know that sometimes doesn't always mean that it is the best and I would like to hear some of your opinions of which hotel you would personally recommend over these dates.

Thank you in advance!

PrincessA

Hiya, I'm the same as you, I normally stay in the disneyland hotel but because of price I've gone for New York this October. The only other disney hotel I've stay in is Sequoia. It had a nice atmosphere, nice bar with a cute kid's area but breakfast was awful. When I was younger I went with my parents and we couldn't get breakfast, and my parents were very upset. They said they had no space unless we waited 2 hours. BUT they did compensate by giving us vouchers to have breakfast that morning at cafe mickey, so it evened out.
Sorry that's all I got, but good luck choosing!

FoX

Unfortunately I have not had the chance yet to stay in the Disneyland hotel. I have however stayed in NY, Sequoia Lodge and Cheyenne. Out of these three I would say NY is absolutely the best in terms of comfort, breakfast and it's not as crowded as the other hotels. NY is definitely my nr 1! (until I will stay in the Disneyland hotel of course ;-)

julesk

Hotel New York each and everytime if you cant afford DLH. HNY is amazing all round from location, ease when passing through security into the village and service. Have a great trip  :D

captain rocket

I agree with everyone's opinions so far! I have stayed in all the Disney hotels (I do not stay in the Disneyland hotel as the price has spiralled to unrealistic levels!) The New York is quality throughout and I have had many comfortable stays there. The main problem with all the other hotels is the scrum for breakfast and whilst this can still happen at the NY, they serve breakfast in the convention centre if they know the hotel is full and whilst it is the size of an aircraft hanger it has a certain ambience about it. It has a great bar too!

Ravenseye

This is very interesting as I am just getting quotes for our next trip and I seem to have found a great price for New York Hotel in June. I have always wanted to stay there (as well as the DLH!) and would appreciate any tips/guidance on this  :D
p.s. let us know what hotel you decide on!  ;)
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

captain rocket

What tips or guidance do you want? If you have always wanted to stay at the New York and you have found a great price BOOK IT!!!!

Ravenseye

Quote from: captain rocket on October 06, 2013, 12:05:13 PM
What tips or guidance do you want? If you have always wanted to stay at the New York and you have found a great price BOOK IT!!!!
I know, I know!  :)  The other option at a similar price is a Golden Forest room at SL. I'm keen on NY but others in my party aren't so I was kinda looking for pro's and con's I guess. Or I could just be selfish and book! ;D
Disneyworld 1990

ed-uk

Why aren't others in your party keen on Hotel NY ? I love it and it would be my first choice above SL but for price, however we've never stayed in a Golden Forest room so i can't compare to that.
Ed & David

Samninetysix

I think once you get below HNY, breakfast can be messy and more akin to a farmyard scrum (unless you get lucky and get an invitation to breakfast in the Captains Quarters at NBC like we did). We are going for 6 nights 26th Oct - 1st Nov this year and are staying in the Magic Circus primarily because, like HNY the breakfast is far more civilized and it was £300 cheaper than SL over the 6 nights and that included APD discount at SL. Downside to Magic Circus of course is the shuttles if you want to stay late, they are just downright dangerous and I suspect illegal in terms of the amount of passengers they carry, can't imagine the s***storm that would happen if one of those things crashed when packed.

Ravenseye

Hmmm we have never stayed off site and although I am up for that due to the savings involved. it will prob only happen if we go back with other family members as we would then be a party of 8.
I am shocked to read about the off site shuttle buses being allowed to run so full  :o  The Disney site buses get very congested at times and I guess if it did crash many people would just go flying as there aren't enough places to hold on safely.
As for others in my party, it's really my son who isn't keen, but I'm guessing it's because he loves SL. I don't blame him  :D  I asked him today 'Why don't you fancy it, is it because it's 'a block?' He said 'No it's coz it reminds me of the Studios'. So, now I know! He isn't a fan of the Studios  :(
I appreciate the mere fact that we won't be in a scrum for breakfast, I hate that about SF and SL.
Anyway, I have yet to book anything.

Disneyworld 1990

DLRP Roundup!

I must be really lucky, never had a scrum at either the Cheyenne or the Sequoia Lodge for breakfast but I suspect that has something to do with asking for the latest possible time.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

spicy

Thanks for the replies guys, I went for Hotel New York  ;D

My first trip back to Disneyland Paris since 2009, cannot wait!

Anyone been over New Years eve before? I'm wondering whether they will do a special NYE version of Dreams!

?