Disney DREAMS, did it stir your emotions?

Started by jenniedisney, October 01, 2013, 10:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenniedisney

So i'm just listening to the soundtrack now, looking forward to my next trip in November (although dreams will be in its christmas theme).

Does DREAMS get to your emotions? If so, which bit??

I think for me the "Hunchback of Notre Dame" music always has been a tear jerker for me. The "Brave" scene also really sent shivers down me (probably because it is so loud).

I must admit, I've seen the show live about 15 times, and EVERY single time it gets me!! Disney music is so powerful!

I can't be the only one!
Been going to Disney since October 1992.
Hotels Stayed in:
Cheyenne 1992
Disneyland Hotel 1993-Present
Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel Castle Club 2007,2008,2010,2011,2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Millennium Celebration 1999-2000 in Disneyland Hotel

WDW Cast Member 2016-2017
Stayed in EVERY resort on property

spacemountainplatypi

I just returned from a trip, and I can tell you my emotions were in full swing. The tearjerker for me is the second star to the right at the beginning at the end. It felt like the highlight of my life so far.
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

grovesie

It's not just the show thats emothional for me... The look on my kids faces and the tears my little girl shed for the star to the right song at the end.

We have alo seen dreams many time and every time is as great as the first. We are looking forward to the Christmas Dreams

DVO

Also for me it's the whole package of Disney Dreams that moves my emotions to the top.
The most amazing Disney evening show I've ever seen !!
Always belive in your dreams !!

gemma2806

Couldn't agree more! The show is amazing and the music is so powerful, the level of volume just intensifies the emotions. I love the Brave music too, the second star to the right finale with the fireworks has always been a tear jerker for me. My son was 2 when I saw it with my partner and we loved the ooohs and aaahs that he was making! We stood holding hands with my son on his dad's shoulders and it was one of the most happy moments of my life. My son insists on watching Disney Dreams on my iPad most nights before he goes to bed and I'm just counting down the days till our Christmas trip in November, which somehow I have still managed to keep a secret from my son!

loulou169

I have to say the Tangled part gets me teary everytime and I think that's more to do with my youngest who absolutely LOVES that film! I just love seeing all the characters up on the castle and having a good old sing along!  ;D
Santa Fe: Oct 2011
Santa Fe: Oct 2012
Cheyenne: Apr 2014
Hotel Kyriad: Mar 2017
SLGF: October 2017
Santa Fe: Feb 2018

Ezra

I don't get to visit DLRP much, so actually watching Dreams this year was amazing. And I did get quite emotional, especially on the last night, with the line that mention's your journey's end... that really got to me because I knew I'd have to be leaving soon. And I had had the most wonderful vacation this year.

I miss the Manor so much...  :'(

That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

Ravenseye

Quote from: Ezra on October 02, 2013, 06:18:57 PM
I don't get to visit DLRP much, so actually watching Dreams this year was amazing. And I did get quite emotional, especially on the last night, with the line that mention's your journey's end... that really got to me because I knew I'd have to be leaving soon. And I had had the most wonderful vacation this year.

I miss the Manor so much...  :'( 
I miss the Manor too!  :(  It closed for refurb the day after our arrival, so I specifically bought Park tickets just so we could experience it (for the first time in 9 years!) before it closed. I walked by it on each day of our visit, gazing up wistfully and wishing I could peek at the goings on inside  ;D

As for Dreams,I thought I would be crying loadsssss but I just teared up. Still amazing though.
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Ezra

Quote from: Ravenseye on October 02, 2013, 07:17:59 PM
I miss the Manor too!  :(  It closed for refurb the day after our arrival, so I specifically bought Park tickets just so we could experience it (for the first time in 9 years!) before it closed. I walked by it on each day of our visit, gazing up wistfully and wishing I could peek at the goings on inside  ;D

As for Dreams,I thought I would be crying loadsssss but I just teared up. Still amazing though.

When I was there this year I went on it about 30 times over a few days as I have no idea when I'll next be able to visit. The CMs started recognizing me and my friend. Also chatted with a few of the Manor CMs too. I do want to return next year, but money is the issue.

I'm guessing the Dreams version I saw at the park will not be shown again after its changed to the holiday version? After the holidays are they changing the regular Dreams too?

That lonely Manor on the hill, sorrowful song drifting...

Aurora1

Just returned from our trip. And I admit, I shed a few tears! It was beautiful to watch!
And I love the song about the second star to the right!

spacemountainplatypi

Quote from: Aurora1 on October 12, 2013, 09:07:22 PM
Just returned from our trip. And I admit, I shed a few tears! It was beautiful to watch!
And I love the song about the second star to the right!
As with me (and probably everyone else  :D ) that is the part that brings up the most emotions.
"From Time to Time" -Le Visionarium.

Hey, i'm also a D23 Gold Member.... SO THATS FUN!

________Past Trips____________
3 Times in 2001, Twice in 2002, Twice in 2003, Once In 2004, Twice in 2005, Once in 2007, Twice in 2008, 3 times in 2009, Twice in 2010, Twice in 2011, Twice in 2012, Twice in 2013, Once in 2014. February 26-28, 2017.  December 3-6, 2017.

Next Trip: September 2018.

Thrills

Have returned too yesterday, had only seen Dreams on Youtube. It was one hell of a show, truly Disney worthy! Had goosebumps from start till end all three times I watched it. Favourite parts were Hunchback (considering it's my favourite Disney movie), Brave and the ending with Second Star to the Right!  :D

Mac

Love the Hunchback section and think it is one of the best use of the projection onto the castle, have always had a special place in my heart for that song anyway but more in a bitter sweet, sad but happy triumphant sort of emotion. The addition of it in the Dreams show on the castle as Notre Dame and in French while in Paris really elevates the whole thing for me. :o

Tear jerker wise has to be the Tangled section for me. That song always hits me in a warm and fuzzy place anyway and the imagery of the lanterns brought to life on the castle in one of my favourite places on earth gets me everytime.  :'( (of joy!) Prefer the original transition into that section before they updated the show and miss the jungle book part. However the "I am Meridah!" is pretty stiring and emotive the way she pops up through the caste gate, more so than in Brave just because of the presentation and context of the show i think.

Can't wait to see the Christmas Version of Dreams, shame there wasn't a Halloween mix too!
ºoº☆¨*:•.1992 Opening Week (Disneyland Hotel).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.1994 (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.1998 (Hotel Cheyenne).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2001-2004 Cast Member (Moteurs... Action!).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2005-2010 (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº -
ºoº☆¨*:•.2011 (Disneyland Hotel).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2012 Christmas (Hotel New York).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2013 Jan/Feb/May/Sept/Oct.•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2013 Christmas (Sequoia Lodge).•:*¨☆ºoº - ºoº☆¨*:•.2014 January (Santa Fe)/June/July.•:*¨☆ºoº

dazzle_v2003

I have just come back a few weeks ago and saw Disney Dreams for the first time after watching it on Youtube many many times. It is an amazing show and I got emotional the 2 times I watched it. The Tangled scene gets me everytime as the song is beautiful with the projections. I also get emotional with The Second Star to the Right at the end with all the fireworks etc.

Such a great show and can't wait to see it again when I go back.

swalesuk01

Hi I am going in december for the first time in over 10 years and been watching on youtube and the ears look amazing, I was wondering what they look like in person?