Video: The art of Disney on demand - now at Disney Village

Started by filipv, September 28, 2013, 12:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filipv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLwd8JPrjYU

As from today you can choose your Disney art at Disney Village, at the Disney gallery store you choose what picture or art (more than 200 choices at the moment) and get it printed on canvas or paper, have it framed or not, choose the frame. There are also attraction posters available to print and everything will be shipped to your house

never2old

Thank you for that video!!!

This is so great. I can't wait to go and see all the possible artworks. And the posters... Well, so far there are 6 that I must have!

From viewing the video a couple of times I think these are the possible sizes (in cm)

Paper Print
40x50
50x70
70x100

And canvas:
33x50
46.5x70
66x100 (and this one without a frame is 160 euro)

I would love to know all the prices!!

In the meantime, need to start measuring empty walls and planning where each poster is going to go...  ;)

Samninetysix

Do you HAVE to have it delivered?, unless the delivery charges are included which I doubt very much the cost could be massive to get a large print delivered (€230 for the framed ride poster then delivery on top)

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

You do have to have them delivered - takes up to 3 weeks.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

filipv

Quote from: Samninetysix on September 28, 2013, 02:32:46 PM
Do you HAVE to have it delivered?, unless the delivery charges are included which I doubt very much the cost could be massive to get a large print delivered (€230 for the framed ride poster then delivery on top)

320 euro's is delivery included as far I saw ?

Samninetysix

I can only imagine the €17.99 ones mentioned in the video as being the size of a postcard :)

filipv

captain rocket

I suppose I should wait to find out, but 160 euros? Are they mad? who the hell would pay about £130 for an unframed poster?
I have always felt that they missed an opportunity here, but at those prices they can keep the attraction posters as far as I am concerned! I'm as Disney mad as the rest of you, but I refuse to be taken advantage of in this way, I could travel by Eurostar and have a night in the Kyriad for that sort of priceI I was hoping attraction posters would be Athena type prices plus a percentage extra as its Disney. Maybe it will seem more reasonable if they apply my shareholders discount, but I won't hold my breath!!!!

never2old

DLRP Express have more prices in their website:

Attraction Posters

Paper Print without frame
40cmx50cm: 17,99€
50cmx70cm: 29,99€
70cmx100cm: 44,99

Paper Print with Frame
40cmx50cm: 100€
50cmx70cm: 145€
70cmx100cm: 200€

Other visuals

Without frame
50cmx36cm: 85€
70cmx50cm: 110€
99cmx70cm: 160€

With frame
50cmx36cm : 120€
70cmx50cm : 160€
99cmx70cm : 230€

All prices above exclude delivery costs.

They also say that the shareholders club or AP discounts do NOT apply, which is rather annoying  >:(

Still, 29.99 for a 50x70 poster is not too bad. And I'm sure I can find a nice frame for it for a lot less that 115 euro... 

never2old

Hmm Ikea has nice, big frames. One for a 70x100 poster is 25 euro  ;D

never2old

I got a couple of the big posters when I was there (tip: for the unframed paper print posters, delivery costs are fixed... so you might as well get a couple of posters together and save a little big on delivery  ;) )

I framed them myself because their prices really climb up as soon as you add a frame (and unfortunately the canvases way too expensive, particularly if you want to get more than one)

They arrived a couple of weeks after I ordered them, they look really good!

And the two of them up in my wall

I think I would have preferred a smaller white frame around it (it's printed like that, it does give you the exact measures when you're ordering it so it was not a surprise when it arrived!) but still, I cannot describe how happy I am when I walk by and see my Castle in my wall  ;)

mnewcourt

idylles

I need this in my life.  Bit expensive for me though lol.
A dream is a wish your heart makes.