Christmas or Halloween

Started by gemmasteele84, September 24, 2013, 08:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemmasteele84

Hi all :) Been a while since my last visit. We're looking at going to Disney again next year, but don't know if we should go in Halloween or Christmas periods.
I've been during Christmas before and loved it but obviously its much colder than in Halloween as we'd be looking at January. Never been during Halloween at all.
So what do you guys think? When is best?

Disneyprincesswannab

I'd go Halloween personally tho have enjoyed Xmas too-it was magic but so cold to be outside in. Also we had delays with the Eurostar which cut into our time because of the weather .Talking of which, the travel agent told me the Eurostar has been moved forward AGAIN to leave at just gone 5 French time -we are looking at Halloween 2014 and tho it seems depressingly far away it might give Ratatouille time to open-and me to save up for a Spendfest!!!

idylles

I love both times, really.  If you don't like the cold, I guess you can go on Halloween.  But the two are just completely different.  It's all about what themes you like the best.  But I think you should do both, you already did Christmas, so now it's time for Halloween! ;D
A dream is a wish your heart makes.

gemmasteele84

Ive done christmas but the kids havent, so good excuse to do it again  :D  I asked their opinions and one wants to go at christmas and one at halloween so no help there!
I love both themes, as to be honest I just love disney in general. What exactly is there different at Halloween?

Disneyprincesswannab

The best thing for us was all the Villains which you only see at Halloween-Ugly Sisters, Old Hag, Evil Queen etc for photos-out for much longer periods than normal-and the decorations are spectacular too!

orangarnold

Never2old, I hope I've spelt that right, has a trip report from last year with some fab photos of last years Halloween

SVioletS

Hi,

i've done Halloween so i would go for Christmas!! :)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

BoristheSpider

PrincessA

I've been at halloween several times and Christmas once. While Christmas at disney is pure magic, in several ways, I think I prefer halloween.
If you like villains, then halloween is PERFECT. There's the villain's parade, more villain characters out and about, oh and you get special characters like the witches and pumpkin men. They have all these cute halloween decorations all over the place, the 31st october party, Frontierland becomes Halloween land, more halloween gifts/ pin badges. And the atmosphere is just so magical.
While my vote would be for halloween, I still think the park is magical at all times of the year and either option would be a fine choice.  :)

never2old

Quote from: orangarnold on September 24, 2013, 10:50:49 PM
Never2old, I hope I've spelt that right, has a trip report from last year with some fab photos of last years Halloween

Thanks  :D

I love Halloween, though it's a very tough choice between Christmas and Halloween.... If you've done Christmas before, definitely go for Halloween, even though Christmas this year sounds really good...

Weather is much better in October than in January, that's for sure. I've been a few times in October and it's usually dry and sunny, beautiful blue skies, and sometimes even warm. January.... Well, let's just say blue skies are hard to find  ;)

I'm lucky and this year I don't need to choose, we're going for 3 days in October for Halloween and 5 days in November for Christmas (but it's all for my 2 year old daughter, of course...  ;) )