Character Dining at Inventions

Started by MixedUpRichard, September 22, 2013, 09:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedUpRichard

Hello,
Looking for advice about dining at Inventions as there seems to be conflicting information about.

Is there character dining every evening or is it just the Sunday brunch?

If it's just Sunday, is the Auberge de Cendrillon just Princesses? We're travelling with a young boy who wants to dine with characters but isn't fussed about Princesses.

Any helps or thoughts welcome

Richard

tubbsy

There are characters in Inventions on an evening :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

SVioletS

Auberge is only princes and princesses. You also have cafe mickey with character dining. For lunch you have cowboy cookout (counter service). Never went to inventions so i can't help with that!:)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

grovesie

Everytime I have been there have been characters evry night at inventions. I prefer it to Cafe Mickey as there's less of a scrum, and of late the food has been better.

Hope this helps

grovesie

never2old

Does anyone know if they still have the characters at lunchtime? I know they were doing it during the summer. Or is it back to just dinner with them?

Thanks!

gemma2806

I've booked to eat at Inventions for 12:30pm on the 28th November for lunch and have been told that the characters will be there. I wanted to do a different character meal as although Cafe Mickey breakfast was great, I was not impressed with the food and service at dinner. My son loves the characters so hopefully we will all enjoy this  :)

never2old

Brilliant, thanks!!  :D That helps with my planning  :)

You will have a great time, we had dinner there with your little girl last May and it was wonderful!! The food is excellent, make sure you all go with an appetite!! We saw Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Chip and Dale. Minnie and Mickey particularly both took a long time with my daughter (she was just 2 then), she got plenty of hugs from them, I've rarely seen her smile so much!! Of course she was soooo excited watching all the characters around and making sure they came to see her, that she didn't actually eat that much  ;) Good thing we don't need to pay for her in the restaurants yet!!

I think we're going to do it again when we go next week, maybe on our last day for lunch before heading back home.

mickeyfan

So there will be characters during lunch time and dinner in both Cafe Mickey and Auberge de Cendrillon ? As I got confused sorry  :-\

I am trying to decide if I shall go in those restaurants for lunch or dinner

never2old

Quote from: gemma2806 on November 11, 2013, 06:15:16 PM
I've booked to eat at Inventions for 12:30pm on the 28th November for lunch and have been told that the characters will be there. I wanted to do a different character meal as although Cafe Mickey breakfast was great, I was not impressed with the food and service at dinner. My son loves the characters so hopefully we will all enjoy this  :)

I just called to ask and they said characters are only there in the evening...  :( You may want to double check your booking!!

And now I have to review all my plans... Or go to Cafe Mickey instead  :(

gemma2806

Hi never2old, yes I know I'm gutted!  :'(

I called reservations and they said whoever I spoke to had given me the wrong information  ::)

I've now got to rearrange my plans and change some reservations so I can fit Inventions in on one of the evenings instead. At least I've found out now though rather than when we turned up for lunch as I'd have one very disappointed little boy!

never2old

I'm sorry  :( I was hoping that they had given me the wrong information and you the right one!

Hope you can re-arrange everything, it's very annoying. At least as you said you didn't find out on the day, imagine how upsetting that would have been!!

For us it looks like we won't be able to fit dinner at Inventions next week, it would mean missing out on Dreams and to be honest right now I'm finding that a very difficult choice. So I think we'll go for Cafe Mickey. I was so looking forward to Inventions gorgeous buffet though!!

gemma2806

I started changing my plans yesterday but still have for to decide what to do about inventions. As I've never been I really do want to fit this in so a complete overhaul of my plans may be in order! Good luck with sorting yours x

polar vixen

After you've been, can you please let me know what the buffet is like?  My family really aren't kken on sea food, but I'd love to give inventions a try, I just need to know what else there is please :D

never2old

The starters buffet had a lot of fish and seafood, but there were also cured meats, cheese and salads. For the main course there was a good selection of meat and veggies, and then there are great desserts of course...

gemma2806

My other half loves seafood but I'm not a fan, however the rest of the buffet looks so good to me that we've booked it anyway!

N2O I've had to leave my booking at Inventions for the lunchtime slot as I can't juggle things round anymore and my other half wasn't prepared to pay an extra €50+ for the 3 of us to go at dinner just for the characters especially as we have a character breakfast booked and paid for at Cafe Mickey's the day before  :'(

Still I understand what he means and the fact that we are still getting to eat here is consolation for me as I've never even been inside the DLH before! Hope you manage to sort out your plans  :)