dreams ears

Started by sharkbait, September 19, 2013, 07:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkbait

Hi I've been reading about these ears anyone used them worth the money? Also read you have to stand in a certain area both my children will have accessibility passes so would we still be able to use them also what's the cost like thanks guys x

DLRP Roundup!

See this article by TownSquare on here :)

http://www.dlptownsquare.com/2013/08/lightears-our-thoughts-and-plea.html

He gives a good overview, €20 in cost :)

Personally, I can wait to try them in November :)
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

BoristheSpider

They remind me of the wristbands used on the last Coldplay tour, they were super cool :-)

GeoffD

Quote from: BoristheSpider on September 19, 2013, 08:31:13 PM
They remind me of the wristbands used on the last Coldplay tour, they were super cool :-)

You're not the only person to have said that. It's probably the exact same technology. At least you can see the Coldplay bands though ;)

BoristheSpider

I didn't realise they were a hat, I thought they'd be a headband.

I loved the wristbands at Coldplay, it was such a good effect. The only downside is it doesn't do anything post show as obviously you don't take the technology home with you. 

They were free for everyone though so that was a bonus!

sharkbait

The link was very useful thank you.
Still not made my mind up though dreams is the highlight I'd even say it's better than fantasmic in Florida :o

GeoffD

Quote from: BoristheSpider on September 19, 2013, 09:40:04 PM
I loved the wristbands at Coldplay, it was such a good effect. The only downside is it doesn't do anything post show as obviously you don't take the technology home with you. 

Well, at least with these ears, you do have a pair of light up Mickey ears at home. I didn't know you couldn't keep the coldplay bands.
Should also add that these ears should work at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim and Walt Disney World, if that interests you.

BoristheSpider

You did get to keep the wristband, it just didn't light up any more x

Ravenseye

I bought my son a pair on Sunday eve, they are cute and I like the idea but I had to video Dreams with him slightly in front of me otherwise he wouldn't get to see the effect as it were. Buying one pair wasn't an issue but anyone with 2 or more kids probably wouldn't feel the same, in fact someone we met on the journey there told me she wouldn't buy them due to the cost.
I dare not tell him they work at Anaheim and Florida!! He will be bugging me to book trips there lol.
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

Samninetysix

Ours didn't work :( but they are pretty cool just as Disney memorabilia ;)