Onesies advice

Started by stitch147, September 12, 2013, 11:15:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stitch147

Hope this is in the right place (new to forum and just getting used to the layout!)

Me and my other half are going to disneyland in november and we are planning on wearing our Stitch and Angel onesies for a day while there.

I know kids dress up all the time, but is it acceptable for adults to do the same???

We dont look anything like the real characters you see round the park, as its only a hooded onesie, so I dont think we would be mistaken for the real macoy!

Has any other adult done this?

Thanks  :)

Kristof

Hi Stitch147,

I've moved your topic to trip planning.

To answer your question, I'm afraid adults are not allowed to dress up at all. 

If you need any help with the new magicforum, do let me know!  ;)

stitch147

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to leave my onesie at home.  :'(

Samninetysix

Did I not read somewhere that the only exception to this rule is for the Hallowe'en party. I seem to remember seeing some rule about it being permitted but adults in fancy dress are not permitted to pose for photos or sign autographs for the general public

captain rocket

Yes you can dress up for the halloween party but that is not relevant here as they are going in November.

orangarnold

I dressed up as a Fireside Girl last year at Halloween and children were coming up to me calling me Isabella, it was upsetting to see when I said No, but I am her friend and I shall tell  her you said Hello.

The staff were quite strict about photos and the like

Pete's Dragon

If it hadn't been a Stitch onesie, my advice would have been to burn it.  :P

tubbsy

Has anyone considered Disney Bounding?
We saw a few people doing it in August and it was very cool and very clever! One lady was simply dressed in a red t shirt and yellow jeans-Hey presto-Winnie the Pooh! No being mistaken for the character, but still had the theme. I hadnt really heard of it til this summer and think its a cool way to get into the idea of dressing up without breaking the rules :)
My daughter (Valkyriexx) has got herself a turquoise, knee length dress with brown belt and some celtic jewellery-Making her outfit Merida.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

orangarnold

This tumblr is full of ideas. they are so cleaver. I love the Bonnie outfit

Samninetysix

Quote from: captain rocket on September 13, 2013, 12:08:40 PM
Yes you can dress up for the halloween party but that is not relevant here as they are going in November.

I was actually responding to Kristof's reply stating that you aren't allowed to dress up at all, irrelevant of the time of year, it's only allowed for the one night

tubbsy

Quote from: orangarnold on September 25, 2013, 11:13:42 PM
This tumblr is full of ideas. they are so cleaver. I love the Bonnie outfit
Its brilliant isnt it? Stephs always pointing stuff out to me on it :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

polar vixen

We had fun making Disney close buying fabric n making funky skirts etc my hubby wore bisney t-shirts n stitch ears, and my daughter and I also wore tiaras- we could get away with these and we still felt really fun. Another option for guys is the buzz light year jumper, I saw a few people wearing them and thy lays looked cool!

orangarnold

Well I have pink jeans, green stripy top, rainbow jewellery all I need to find is some yellow shoes.

once.upon.a.dream

we went at Halloween to WDW and dressed up for mickeys not so scary Halloween party, the tickets were worth it just for the chance to dress up in the park was great fun!  :P ;D
DLP offsite July 2009, DLP Santa Fe Jan 2010, DLP Santa Fe March 2011, WDW All Stars Movies Sept 2011, DLP Santa Fe Sept 2012, DLP Santa Fe April 2013, DLP Newport Bay Dec 2014

Next trip - DLP Disneyland Hotel December 2015

idylles

I actually once asked this to a cast member.  You can dress up, or just wear onesies, if it's very clear you are not a cast member or a character from the park.  So meaning, people can tell you're just a visitor (they can tell by a camera, your bags, luggage, behaviour, etc...).  So if you want to wear a onesie, wear a jacket over it, or some stupid sneakers that don't fit, wear an obvious tourist bag , etc... And you won't get into trouble. 

As long as you're not a perfect Stitch, you're doing nothing wrong. 
A dream is a wish your heart makes.