Advice

Started by loulou, September 08, 2013, 01:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loulou

Hi,
Can anyone give me some Advice please. I'm looking at booking to
Go to dlrp on Monday 2nd Dec however the airline we have chosen doesn't get into Charles
De Gaulle until 6pm. If I call Disney and book over the phone do you think that I can book my hotel for 4nights/5days but get my park tickets for 4 days???
Seems silly
To pay for a pass for 5 days when we wouldn't get to our hotel until 7pm-ish

Loulou
Xx
When you wish upon a star

Aurora1

You can certanly try. But what about staying the first night at an other hotel, like Kyriad. Something close by. And book for 4days/3nights?

captain rocket

I don't think they would consider this. The standard booking for DLRP has always been one more days park pass than nights at the hotel 4/3 5/4 etc. The best suggestion is that one previously made that you could book the first night at a non Disney hotel and then check in really early the next day and collect your passes for that days visit to the park. What you may consider is that you may arrive early enough to see Dreams on that first night and that would be an awesome way to start your holiday!

hannabdav

I am travelling next year and my flight doesn't get into cdg until 8pm on a monday night so we are staying at dream castle monday then checking into DLH Tuesday and we then get full usage of our tickets!!xx
Very excited!

First trip to Disney for our honeymoon August 2014!!!!

loulou

Thanks for your replies, we have decided to
Get the Eurostar instead which would get us there at 2pm

Xx
When you wish upon a star

captain rocket

Good choice! I live in Cornwall and usually fly from Bristol (Exeter is too expensive) and the cost of the TGV from CDG has risen steadily to the point where I am paying 47 Euros return for it next month, considering I can book Eurostar from Ashford for £69, if you knock off the cost of the TGV transfer I would get Eurostar for about £26!!
so Eurostar for me in future! And it means I get nearly a whole day extra in the park as Easyjet from Bristol fly out at 16.30 and back at 1900! Eurostar wins hands down apart from having to drive up overnight, still no one lives in Cornwall for easy communications!

daddyof2

Captain Rocket, as a railwayman I feel obliged to ask if you've ever considered the FGW Riviera Sleeper service? I've never tried it myself, and you may say its too expensive/inconvenient/rubbish but I think it's worth considering to save a long drive
http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Your-journey/Night-Riviera-Sleeper

captain rocket

Well, I go to DLRP two/three times a year and the last time I priced up the sleeper service it was £150plus. i usually pay about £60/£70 for a flight from Bristol and £100 for two nights at the Kyriad, I just could'nt afford to go as often if I used the sleeper train! If I can get a £15/28 room at Travelodge I often stay at the one in Ashford, economy rules!!!