Using Fantasy Passport, your experiences please:)

Started by Ravenseye, September 03, 2013, 09:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravenseye

I would be very interested to read about your experiences with the Fantasy passport.

Is it easy to exchange a temp ticket for the real thing?
Do you have to show it before ordering food etc...to get the discount?

Enlighten me please  ;D
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: Ravenseye on September 03, 2013, 09:14:06 AM

I would be very interested to read about your experiences with the Fantasy passport.

Is it easy to exchange a temp ticket for the real thing?
Do you have to show it before ordering food etc...to get the discount?

Enlighten me please  ;D

The annual passport office can be very very busy but seems very easy to swap, just remember photo Id like a passport.

As for discount, I always done it when paying the bill and they went off and got anther one, possibly a good idea to mention it when asking for the bill.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

captain rocket

It's easy to exchange your temp ticket, just go to the passport bureaux and if the queue is long then go back later! You present your passport when you ask for the bill and they will apply the relevant discount, no problem

Ravenseye

Disneyworld 1990

Ravenseye

It was so easy to exchange the temp ticket for the real thing, and I only queued for around 20 minutes as it was well staffed on the Sunday afternoon. I even managed to watch a bit of the parade as I stood there, this made me well up as I'd only just arrived in the Park after a nine year absence!  :D
Using the passport for discounts was fab and although I haven't calculated how much, I must've saved what the passport cost me (50 quid on eBay)! Awesome.
I remarked to my son that once back in the UK it felt strange to not hand it over when I bought our lunch! I miss it!!  ;)
Disneyworld 1990

traceyjayne

How can you buy a pass on ebay as surely they have photo ID of person whose ticket it belongs too?

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: traceyjayne on March 05, 2014, 04:49:09 PM
How can you buy a pass on ebay as surely they have photo ID of person whose ticket it belongs too?

No you can't buy them on eBay.
It has your name, birth date and photo (which they take there) on it.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Ravenseye

The ticket I bought on eBay was a temp ticket. All I had to do was show it at the turnstiles, take it to the Passport Annuel office and THEN you go through the process of getting a plastic one with your name, photo etc...
Disneyworld 1990

Zee79

Quote from: Ravenseye on September 26, 2013, 11:15:30 AM
It was so easy to exchange the temp ticket for the real thing, and I only queued for around 20 minutes as it was well staffed on the Sunday afternoon. I even managed to watch a bit of the parade as I stood there, this made me well up as I'd only just arrived in the Park after a nine year absence!  :D
Using the passport for discounts was fab and although I haven't calculated how much, I must've saved what the passport cost me (50 quid on eBay)! Awesome.
I remarked to my son that once back in the UK it felt strange to not hand it over when I bought our lunch! I miss it!!  ;)

We save a lot of a week when using it on a family of four- drinks, food, gifts etc.. I think annual passes are well worth it esp if you can afford to go more than once in the year you have it. We are renewing ours next year as going to go for 2 weeks staying off site. It worked out far cheaper.

Ravenseye

I love my Fantasy passport!!!  ;D 
I've been to DLP twice since I bought it and I definately saved MUCH more than I paid for it in the discounts on meals etc...alone.
My son bought himself one on our last visit, so he is hooked too  ;D
Disneyworld 1990

mnewcourt

I enjoy using the passport at the resort for the discount but it also remains a nice souvenir when it expires.