ECVs/wheelchairs

Started by missoverexcited, August 24, 2013, 04:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missoverexcited

Can you get ECVs (electric scooters) at the parks or just wheelchairs? I have no idea how I would push my 6'4" 15 stone husband around! (I'm only 5'2"!)

Also I have read there is a €150 deposit if you want to park hop with a wheelchair, is that right?? If you choose not to do that, do you have to pay again in he second park or just show your receipt? How would they know as you left the first park whether you had paid the park hopping deposit?

Thank you!

gemma2806

Hi missoverexcited, they do provide electric mobility scooters at the parks and if you want to park hop you can leave the scooter in the one park and then produce your receipt at the other to get another one to use there. I believe that unlike the standard wheelchairs you do have to provide a refundable deposit for the electric ones but I'm not sure how much the charge for these.

missoverexcited

Thanks Gemma.

Does anyone know how much the deposit is?

gemma2806

I've just had a look at the latest edition of the Mobility Guide to Disneyland Paris for you and unfortunately they no longer mention ECVs! They simply state that you can hire manual wheelchairs and that they do require a €150 deposit by cheque or credit card, regardless of your length of stay! They also state they only have a limited number of wheelchairs available for rental and therefore you cannot reserve one, it is simply on a first come first serve basis.

Doesn't seem like a very good service anymore to me, especially considering the other Disney Parks provide ECVs and manuals. For example Disneyland California only charge $20 for a manual wheelchair and $70 for an ECV!

missoverexcited

:-( Not great news but thanks for checking it for me, much appreciated.

Ravenseye

I got all excited then, until I read further down, because we would love to be able to hire an ECV whilst at DLP. I figured they didnt have them at DLP and yes, im right.
This seems very unfair and bad business practice as the other Parks have them, as you said. I know DLP is smaller in size but it wouldve been very helpful  :(
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...