Parking at St Pancreas for a week?! HELP

Started by Nelson1601, August 02, 2013, 10:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelson1601

Hi all

We are due to go on our first ever trip to DLP in just over 6 weeks....and can't wait.

We are taking the Eurostar from St Pancreas on a Monday so have decided to venture up on the Sunday before and spend the night in a nearby Premier Inn ready for our early start Monday morning.  However, we assumed that we could park the car at the Premier Inn for the week and pay the appropriate charge.  

Having checked with the Premier Inn they are saying that a ticket needs to be purchased each day and displayed in the window which is not going to be possible.  I'm sure others have come across the problem of where to park a car for the duration of the trip and wondered if anyone has experiences they can share?

Thanks in advance....

ed-uk

Can't you take a train/tube ( I don't know where you're coming from ) when you travel up on the Sunday ? We live in the greater London area so not too much trouble for us, but we have often found it easier to travel into London by tube train the evening before and stay at a hotel nearby to St Pancras. I hope someone knows of a long term car park and can give you some advice,  but parking your car in central London for a week might be expensive. Would it be safe to do so ?
Ed & David

antonh

Parking in the Long Term car park at St Pancras is typically priced for central London at £36 pounds a day :roll: !!

If you really need to park nearby and would consider renting someone's private parking space, you could try www.parkatmyhouse.com, it's like ebay for parking spaces. There are quite a few advertised near St Pancras / Kings X and it's a lot cheaper although some might consider a bit riskier than using a commercial car park.

stk31

Have you not thought of departing from Ebbsfleet, Kent on the Eurostar, parking is at the station and is £37 for 5-7 days.

stk31

Have you thought about departing from Ebbsfleet, Kent on the Eurostar. Parking is available at the station for £37 for 7 days

stk31

Have you thought about departing on the Eurostar from Ebbsfleet in Kent instead, parking costs £37 for 7 nights from there.

sarahmumof4

Hi ,
We've gone from st pancras twice now and do something called ' park my car '.

The place we used is literally about 10 minutes away . Both times have dropped my mum , the kids and luggage at st pancras , driven up the road , parked the car and walked back with my dad .
On return we leave my mum again with everything and walk back to the car.

Think this year we paid £44 in total for 4 full days
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄