Terrorific Night cancelled for 2013

Started by Kristof, August 05, 2013, 11:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

It was rumored for a long time, but it's now clear that the Terrorific Night will not be returning this year (or probably ever). It's rumored that The Walt Disney Co. canceled it due to not meeting the Disney Standards.

:?:  How do you feel about this? Did you ever visited?

Photos from last year:

More on last year's event.

ed-uk

Well i never went to it so i can't judge from first hand experience, but it doesn't look very Disney to me. And I don't like the look of that young man hanging from the roof.
Ed & David

julesk

Thats such a shame, really hoped to go to this one day. Disney are letting themselves down by cutting back on Halloween. Booked to go next year, they better not cancel the main park event  :evil:

ed-uk

I regard Disney theme parks as family entertainment, suitable for the grandchildren and the grandparents, for anyone aged between 5 years old and eighty years old. Terrorific Night looks more suitable for some teenagers and young adults. I don't think the American Disney theme parks have Terrorific Nights.
I'd rather see Donald Duck dressed up like a ghost than anything shown in the pictures above.
Ed & David

Alexz

Quote from: "ed-uk"I regard Disney theme parks as family entertainment, suitable for the grandchildren and the grandparents, for anyone aged between 5 years old and eighty years old. Terrorific Night looks more suitable for some teenagers and young adults. I don't think the American Disney theme parks have Terrorific Nights.
I'd rather see Donald Duck dressed up like a ghost than anything shown in the pictures above.
I'm with you. Exactly my thoughts aswell.
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

SwipatronSparks

I am sad to hear that, disney is always my first choice for theme parks and i would love to go for halloween and have the magic of disney mixed in with a night where its properly scary alton towers does something similar and i can see people choosing that (in my opinion mediocre park, i have been once and it wasnt worth the 6 hour car journey, it didnt meet my expectations at all, i was really dissapointed by it) over disney, so yeah i am against the rest of you, removing the terrorific night is a shame, especially when there is the family friendly disney halloween over in disneyland park, i think its another reason to keep it, its a good thing for the studios which has next to nothing going for it
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

IrishMinnie

Quote from: "ed-uk"And I don't like the look of that young man hanging from the roof.

I couldn't agree more, with the amount of suicides happening due to the recession amongst other things, that is really really horrific.

ed-uk

Quote from: "SwipatronSparks"I am sad to hear that, disney is always my first choice for theme parks and i would love to go for halloween and have the magic of disney mixed in with a night where its properly scary alton towers does something similar and i can see people choosing that (in my opinion mediocre park, i have been once and it wasnt worth the 6 hour car journey, it didnt meet my expectations at all, i was really dissapointed by it) over disney, so yeah i am against the rest of you, removing the terrorific night is a shame, especially when there is the family friendly disney halloween over in disneyland park, i think its another reason to keep it, its a good thing for the studios which has next to nothing going for it

But that's my point looking at some of the photos they could have been taken at Alton Towers for all I know. I don't think Terrorific night comes up to Disney standards regarding family entertainment which is what makes their parks so successful. I don't agree that the WDS has got next to nothing going for it, however the Studios does seem to miss out on Halloween and Christmas theming and events which is a shame, especially at Christmas. DLP have obviously decided to focus on the more popular Disneyland Park for these things.
Ed & David

SwipatronSparks

You make fair points though i stand firm, on my point that the park has nothing going for it, when we go we could do the entire park in a few hours (depending on queue lengths of course) wds really needs something like terrorific night, maybe not terrorific night itself but some kind of nighttime event anything to show the park some love, especially since it always closes so early.... again just my opinions :)
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

ed-uk

I agree with you the WDS is a small park, but still growing and the new Ratatouille ride and restaurant opening next year. But i would rather DLP spent their money on a bigger and better Halloween festival in Disneyland Park, even if it is a bit Disney cute, than on  Terrorific night in the Studios. I think that would be more in line with Disney Parks in America, as far as I know they don't have Terrorific nights at Halloween.
Ed & David

CinderellaSparkle

Quite gutted tbh, would've loved to have gone to this.. I adore Halloween and i remember showing my partner the photos, we were both amazed! I don't see anything wrong with having a family friendly party on one night and an adult party on another night, you know what it's like when booking so if it's too much surely it's your own fault? It may not be "Disney".. But i thought it was quite nice they were branching out, trying something new, targeting an adult audience and for showing a darker side to Halloween! It's not all tricks, treats and cute dress up outfits..

Oh well.

peep

I'm so sad they've stopped this event. It was so good, maybe it was all the negative feedback last year because it had been badly managed compared to previous years?

The park made sure everyone was aware that you had to be at least 12 to enter and I thought it was fantastic to have a more adult-themed event in the studios and then have a family friendly event in the Disneyland Park.

I don't understand the hate towards it at all. I suppose it's all down to personal opinion with events like these. Funny how you've all said it's not Disney etc yet on the American forums I've read over the years they really want the event to appear Stateside. *shrugs*
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

PrincessA

I've never been, but it always seemed like the Horror Nights of Universal Studios in Orlando. Its such a shame they've cancelled the Disney one, I would have loved to have gone. Perhaps there's a possibility of it returning in a few years time?
I'm going to the party in the Disneyland Park this year, but to be honest, I may have preferred a Terrorific night in the studios.

SVioletS

I am not one for horror stuff e would much rather Disney cute related stuff, but that's me.
What i am wondering is... how about the other parks in Tokio and Shangai? I remember having read something last year around halloween time about some sort of game involving virtual reality and such, and THAT didn't sound Disney at all... So wondering what happened there.

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

Kristof

Quote from: SVioletS on September 17, 2013, 02:55:47 PM
I am not one for horror stuff e would much rather Disney cute related stuff, but that's me.
What i am wondering is... how about the other parks in Tokio and Shangai? I remember having read something last year around halloween time about some sort of game involving virtual reality and such, and THAT didn't sound Disney at all... So wondering what happened there.

You mean Hong Kong Disneyland. This is Shanghai Disneyland at the moment  ;)

Tokyo celebrates in a big over the top Disney fantasy way (they originated the ghost statues which we have on Main Street).  It's Hong Kong Disneyland that's darker compared to the others, but from what I've seen on their website, it's a bit toned down too now, focussing more on the Villains instead of werewolves and vampires.