Protection nets on Main Street buildings

Started by esmeralda, July 30, 2013, 10:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esmeralda

I recently saw pictures of protection nets on the Main Street Transportation roof (source: Dlrp Express via Facebook). I have to say I'm shocked! After this incident with a part of Space Mountain's roof falling down, does Dlp expect every buliding to fall apart?? This weird net really destroys the magic and looks very odd and makes me even feel less secure! Will they put nets all over every single roof??
Julia

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Honestly, I don't really know what they are for. I guess if a massive part of a building breaks loose, such a net wouldn't stop it. But I'm no expert. Maybe they are supposed to stop the birds from building their nests everywhere. But that's also just a guess. Either way those nets are silly and look awful, and like you already said they destroy the magic!!! I don't know if the Disneyland Paris management itself came up with the idea or if its some kind of safety condition from the french gouvernment or something... Because again, I'm no expert. But what I do know, is that they should find a prettier solution as soon as possible, because the average guest (not hardcore-Disney-fans like us :D ) will notice things like that too, and lately things like that occur repeatedly, and this gives Disneyland Paris a worse reputation than it already has. Almost nothing can keep a Disney-fan away, but the average guest starts comparing DLP to other theme parks, which, in their eyes, offer the same for much less money.
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

I just read a tweet from InsideDLParis https://twitter.com/InsideDLParis .
It says: "They are there after some parts of the decorations fell down. It will stay there until a refurbishment can be scheduled."

Hopefully this will happen fast!!!
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014