Which hotel??

Started by Alioliseb, June 28, 2013, 12:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alioliseb

Hi all,

Sorry to bother you all with a question thats more than likely been answered a billion times over BUT...

Im planning a surprise DLP trip Feb 2014 for myself, partner and our 3 boys (6, 4 ,1), now ive been once before with my two older boys and stayed in the SF which i thought was brilliant, but not wanting to stay in the same place twice without staying in them all first (if that makes sense) i cant decide between the Cheyenne or the Sequoia lodge, ive read all i could possibly read online, but having never been to either i just dont know...

If anyone could help me out, i would really appreciate it!

Im more than excited for this trip next feb, and i havent booked it yet! Still have a lovely sept holiday to look forward to in Turkey, which in comparison sucks compared to any DLP trip haha

Thanks xxxx

DisneyManiac

Money-wise the Cheyenne, but comfort-wise the Sequoia.

DLRP Roundup!

Both are brilliant hotels. Sequoia is a better location but the Cheyenne has real charm. You won't be disappointed really in either.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

glenn

Ive got to say my favourite hotel is the sequoia lodge,but with young children the cheyenne is more fun,plus you get live music in the bar.

gemma2806

I've stayed in both (Cheyenne in August and Sequoia Lodge for Christmas and September).

I do love both but I would say personally that the Cheyenne is a better hotel for summer seasons as if you are planning on using the facilities, there is no pool but a great playground, however the playground is closed in winter months for health and safety reasons. They also do pony rides in the summer months!

The Sequoia is brilliant anytime of year but even better in colder months with their real log fire in the bar area and a very cosy feel to it. They have a lovely pool though I have yet to fit in time to use it!

I'm back at the Sequoia in November and I always recommend this hotel in the winter months.

jackieann

Hi, with three children the sequia lodge has a more space than cheynne..  both are lovely places to stay tho.

mickeyspal

I've stayed at both hotels, favourite now is Sequoia lodge only for comfort and less walking to the park, but I also enjoyed Cheyenne; it's a great hotel for kids where they will meet new friends and have lots of fun.:stitch_bounce:
1993 + 2005 - Hotel Cheyenne
1995 - Walt Disney World Florida
1997 - Hotel New York
1998 - Hotel Santa Fe
2000 + 2006 + 2012 + 2014 - Sequoia Lodge
2002 + 2004 +  2009 - Newport Bay
2007 + 2015 - Hong Kong Disney
2007 - DLP (1 day visit)
2017 - Disneyland Hotel - Cinderella Suite
2018 - Disney Cruise- Mediterranean
2019 - Disneyland Hotel
2020 - Disney Merrytime Cruise - Caribbean

grovesie

Hello,

I have stayed at only the Cheyenne and other than the DLH it's my favorite place to stay. My 3 kids enjoyed the play ground and I rate the buffet as one of the best in Disney. I can post pics if you are interested.

Zee79

Visited both and i would recommend Sequoia if your budget will stretch to the cost. The Cheyenne rooms are usually a double with bunk beds where as the Sequoia is the same as the Santa fe 2 double beds. I wasn't overly keen on the Cheyenne, maybe because it felt like a scrum everywhere you went at Christmas time. The Sequoia was calmer and is much closer to the park- a god send when your feet are aching (or if you are a little under the weather like i was this time round haha). With going in Feb the park will be closing early so having the pool at the Sequoia might be an activity you could possibly do before retiring to your room plus in the winter they will probably have their roaring fires on :-) Foodwise i didn't find the Sequoia any better than the budget hotels.

julesk

For little boys, I would say Cheyenne. Its a great hotel with loads of charactor. Yet I do agree with it being a scrum. I would only go back there if our budget wouldnt stretch. Yet if you eat early, its not to bad. I love there buffet there too. . Have you considered HNY, its lovely there. Great location to walk into the park, relaxed and NO SCRUM for breakfast. The breakfast staff work really hard to manage where guests are going and prevent queues. The longest we waited was 2 mins on our last day to be show to our table.  :D