Plaza Gardens

Started by Yorkieal, June 24, 2013, 09:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yorkieal

Hi
Have looked back over the last few pages and can't see any threads regarding Plaza Gardens. Just a few questions:

1) Is the food any good?

2) Suitable for vegetarians? I'll eat pretty much anything but my girlfriend is a strict vegetarian; no meat or fish. Would PG be suitable?

3) Any idea what time it closes on an evening?

Many thanks

JediBUZ

I think the food is OK not the best buffet but OK.  I imagine it closes an hour before the park.
Here is a previous thread //http://www.magicforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=10517&hilit=plaza+gardens
Tokyo APR\'04 (Day Trip)
Paris MAR\'09 (2nts) NewYork (Standard Room) HB Plus
Paris JUN\'10 (4nts) Newport Bay Club (Standard Room)
Paris OCT\'12 (4nts) Davy Crockett Ranch (Premier Plus Cabin)
Paris OCT\'13 (4nts) Sequoia Lodge (Golden Forest Club) FB Premium

littlebitofpixiedust

I've eaten here on our last trip in march the food wasn't great but the worst thing was how incredibly busy it was and although it was buffet it took forever just to get a plate of food lol we did however see Emma bunton in there she didn't however que to get a plate of food lol :)

julesk

I am strict Vegi (no fish inc) and have eaten at Plaza Gardens. Its ok, not my top choice but its better than table service for choices. I would however recommend Hotel Cheyenne Buffet and The Grange at Billy Bobs in the village, which I have found the best vegi options buffet in the whole of Disney and easily full up after. Inventions was difficult as mainly fish and quality off the bone meat plus Buffallo Bills show/dinner was seriously difficult. Yet the desert is AMAZING!

Have a great trip  :thumbs:

HildeKitten

Just a head's up, I called to make a reservation for Plaza Gardens this morning, and was told that it is closed from September 21st and will reopen in October (I'm assuming October 1st, but don't quote me on it).
Even though that means unlisted closures, it is apparently closed those dates.

McSuze

We've never had a bad meal there, Agrabah was my favourite for vegi options
:-)

sydneymj

We ate there at the end of August food was OK but would not hurry to go back was spoilt by other patrons pushing in when queueing.Visited Cape Cod at the Newport Bay which was far better in my opinion.

never2old

Had dinner there on Monday. Food was very good, plenty of choice (though I admit I didn't check much for vegetarians). My husband used to be a vegetarian and he always prefered Agrabah; the setting it's also nicer and it always feels quieter. However depending on when you're going you can find it closed, or that it's only open for lunch. Plaza Gardens seems to be open daily, for lunch and dinner (you can go up to 1 hour before park closes)

stifle

Agrabah Café is closed at random half the time :/ I agree it's nicer than Plaza Gardens and also less crowded – PG gets swamped mainly by meal plan voucher holders.

Try Restaurant des Stars as an alternative. I wouldn't go with Pizza Planet though as the selection is quite limited.

A&S&O

Quote from: stifle on September 11, 2015, 06:45:56 PM
I wouldn't go with Pizza Planet though as the selection is quite limited.

Its just pizza or pasta - if that's what you want, you can't go wrong!

Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

LotsoHugginBear

Quote from: HildeKitten on August 17, 2015, 12:30:50 PM
Just a head's up, I called to make a reservation for Plaza Gardens this morning, and was told that it is closed from September 21st and will reopen in October (I'm assuming October 1st, but don't quote me on it).
Even though that means unlisted closures, it is apparently closed those dates.

It's closed even longer. Wantet to make a reservation for the 5th Ocotber this morning and was told that Plaza Gardens will reopen at the 10th of October.

HildeKitten

Thanks for sharing that, because now we at least know how long the closure lasts :)