New Disney Hotel

Started by Jayna62, February 22, 2007, 01:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayna62

We spoke to a "Disney Ambassador" on Tuesday 13th and he told us that there is going to be a new hotel built on the land on the opposite side of lake Disney to the Sequoia Lodge. This will be where the big grass bank and flower beds are now. We can only assume that it will also take in the area directly behind, where the large white tents are. He also advised us that the ground floor would have a series of shops on it.

Also, he said that, as part of the Disney Village expansion, the steel towers would be removed and the area between the Gaumont Cinema and WDS is going to be the new site for a huge "World Of Disney" store.

Sigton

Do you know what kind of hotel will it be?(its name if possible)

Jayna62

He didn't give any info about the name or theme of the hotel only that it was a definite plan.

Kristof

Yes that's all part of the DLRP master plan.  The hotel is supposed to go on the old Disney Village parkinglot, behind the grass hill.  

The World of Disney Store is indeed going to be build across the Imax theatre, but according to sources these plans have been put on hold for a couple of years.

Edit: here's a plan dating back to 1995 showing the Disney Village for the year 2000.  Link

Sigton

Apparently this new hotel don't have a name... :? also the map say that there will be a convention center, does anyone knows if it will be built?

Maarten

Quote from: "Sigton"Apparently this new hotel don't have a name... :? also the map say that there will be a convention center, does anyone knows if it will be built?

I'm not too sure on this one, but if I remember correctly I saw a convention center at the Val d'Europe masterplan last year. It was next to Newport Bay Club. I also remember seeing concept arts of the building. Maybe someone else can confirm whether they still have plans to build this convention center?

Nala_84

Another hotel?! Do they assume to get more visitors when the prices increase more and more?  :?

What the Village or the whole Resort needs is a Vegetarian Restaurant!! We Vegetarians are really neglected, especially in Disney Village, we really don't have a big selection of food there :(
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Here's a link to an older model that featured that Convention Center and the new Hotel.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/6614 ... agesv4.jpg

Soap

Looks intresting.
But what's the future known plan? Or is it all still vague?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

smurfy74

a new hotel sounds good we booked in January for 5 days in September and we couldnt get a room in the main building in the Sequioa Lodge only in a lodge so we decided to stay in the Cheyenne this time,hope its alright. We went here instead of the Newport Bay as we were told there would be decorating going on at the Newport Bay, hope we have made a good choice. wanted to stay at the New York but my budgget couldnt quite stretch that far without compromising on number of nights and we really wanted to stay for 4 nights. :lol:

jortlaban

the new hotel is supposed to be a Conference hotel, designed to accomodate business meetings and their guests...

the Hotel isn't planned to be for the main group of visitors, families with kids....

Disneyland Paris is currently trying a new approach to get more adults (kid-free) to the resort, with new packages and deals solely for adults.
Shareholder TWDC & EDASCA

Kristof

QuoteDisneyland Paris is currently trying a new approach to get more adults (kid-free) to the resort, with new packages and deals solely for adults.

This year they're actually focussing back on the core-target: Disney families.  These are families with young children, with a high interest in Disney products.

jortlaban

than why did I have to fill in a survey about the all-new adult packages they've created.... for fun??? don't think so..

the fact is, they're focussing on complete families within the parks with all new kid-friendly entertainment and all-family rides, but resort wide they're actually thinking of ways to get more adults to the resort, using interesting packages that appeal to the 25-50 area.

I guess they're trying to break the teen-only barrier they've created the last 15 years.

one new idea doesn't mean the other has to go.

Kristof

I'm not saying you were wrong.  I'm saying the focus this year is Disney Families.  At least that's what we were told at work.

jortlaban

I guess they don't let all the plans out at Disney offices (which surprises me actually), but hey, it will always be an american company and that isn't allways logical policies....

The survey (done by Novatris) was focussing on 4 new packages created by DLRP to atract adult visitors...

the for packages were the following (titles may b einaccurate):
RELAX: a package where the visitor can visit both parks with a special limited amount of fast passes, so they wouldn't have to rush to any rides or miss any they wanted to see... at the end of the day, a free (read; calculated in the package price) champagne in their hotel bar is offered, as well as some extra leisure items each day in their hotel room.

ACTIVE: visit both parks in a regular way. But as an extra the golf course and davy crockets course are included, as well as a bike tour around the resort.

FUN: basicly the normal resort package, but with included drinks in Huricans or a visit to Buffalo Bill.

and a fourth one I believe was LEISURE which is the same as relax but without the champagne or the fast passes (though I can be mistaken on the last one).

the survey can be found HERE... You'll have to log in though, I got a username and password in my invitation.