Let me know what you think, pls!

Started by SVioletS, May 16, 2013, 08:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SVioletS

Hi everyone!

I've been "away" quite sometime, reading, but not posting. But i'd like everyone's opinion on this - because i'm wishing só hard to to back to the magic! :)
I've been looking for delas and packages and this is the best one a travel agency gave me:  

2250 € (around 1900£)  for 4 night/5days, staying in Cheyenne, with full board standard meal vouchers. Also including flights (from lisbon) and vea transfer to and from the AirPort (orly). We're 2 adults and 2 girls aged 2 and 6.  
This is for 29august until 2september.

Last couple of times we went in the beginning of august and mid october, and it was fairly cheaper - and also included meals! And we stayed in newport bay (aug) and sequoia lodge (oct)... But then youngest daughter didn't pay a lot for flights...
So this seems  quite expensive to me, but i was wondering what you guys think! Should i book the trip or wait a little longer?

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
:)

First time ever: August 2000, one day visit!
August 2010, NewPort Bay, 5 days
October 2012, Sequoia Lodge, 5 days
April 2014, Sequoia Lodge, 6 days - Big 7th Bday Surprise for DD#1 :)
September 2015, Newport Bay 6 days - Another surprise!!!

never2old

That sounds quite expensive!!

I've noticed that flight prices in general have really gone up lately, but even so it does sound like quite a lot... Have you tried the prices for going later (mid September or October), when the Disney prices are lower?

SVioletS

We've seen them, and it's cheaper by about 100/150€. Probably it would pay of to book the flights separatly...

But  eldest daughter is starting first grade in September - schools starts between 9 and 13... And i don't want her to miss school days... We don't have any days off /school break between September and december...

The options are 1st week of July (high season) and 2nd half of august (high/mid season)...

Aurora1

Have you looked at prices on the websites? (disneyland.com ) you can choose your country there. It also works, if you do it on an other then your owns country site!
How about booking flights seperatly?
Good luck!

SVioletS

Also tried that! :) we cant actually choose Portugal, but i looked into other countries and it would pay off if only i could get cheap flights! Cheapest flights i found for our dates are still around 850€ for the 4 of us...  :(

seems like i'll have to wait for Easter or summer 2014... But i will keep looking!

I was so happy with the possibillity that i even edited my signature...

Thanks! :)

never2old, you have an amazing time When you go back next week! Come back to tell us all about it!

Aurora1 not sure When's your next visit, but i Hope it's soon and that you have lots of fun!

Aurora1

it`s gonna be october, and I am sooo looking forward to it! Thank you! :)

I hope, you`ll be able to work something out!

SVioletS

We were there last October it was amazing!! The park was beautiful, the weather was ok, lots of characters, no waiting times... and we got upgraded to a Montana Room with a nice view over the lake, for free! :)

I was going trough my notes, and noticed that if i book directly with DLP, VEA and flights i get:

Sequoia Lodge with free half board meal vouchers (Plus) for 2267€ (with an extra 20€, i go to SL, instead of Cheyenne, and get HB Plus, instead of FB standard) - 4 nights/5days

OR

Cheyenne with  with free half board meal vouchers (Standard) for 2160 (90€ less) - 4 nights/5days

OR

Cheyenne with  with free half board meal vouchers (Standard) for 2400€ (extra 150 €) - 5 nights/6days

It still feels like a lot to me... i wish i could find some cheaper flights!