Disneyland Paris for New Year?

Started by JodieG91, May 13, 2013, 05:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JodieG91

Hello everybody! :)

Myself and my family are trying to plan a New Year's Break to Disneyland Paris. We know it's going to be very busy, but read a few reviews and people still manage to get on rides etc. We had such an awful New Year last year that we thought Disney would be the perfect place to spend it this time. It's myself, my mother and my younger brother who is 14 so an adult price with most. I know that Disneyland hasn't released Winter 2014 prices and deals yet but I have a feeling it's going to be too expensive for us anyway. We priced up with a coach company for £777, staying offsite and with 2 days at Disneyland parks. However, I've not done this before and just wondering what people think of this deal? Staying onsite would be brilliant but unfortunately the only coach companies that are staying onsite are a little out of our price range at around £1200 =/ We don't really want to spend much more than £900 in total because it's just a little extra thing we want to do. I was wondering if anybody had booked for New Year already by booking hotels offsite etc separately. Do you think it's likely if we waited, we would get an onsite hotel plus travel (either flights from Bristol/Cardiff or Eurostar) for under £900? I'm thinking probably not. Just looking for some advice of the best thing to do really, we want 2 days minimum at the park but 3 or 4 would be even better for the price! If anybody could help or offer advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much :)

jj554

Hi there,

Are you able to provide a little more specific info?
Which dates are you referring to? You say 2 days in the park so I assume you only mean 1 night in the hotel?

I'm sure there are several people who will happily try and help (myself included) if you can give us a bit more info.

I would love to go for New Years as mine are always a disaster so I do hope this works out as do-able for you!

Thanks
Trips so far
April 2011 - Sequoia Lodge (First ever DLRP trip)
Nov 2011 - Newport Bay Club (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2011)
Sep 2012 - Hotel New York (20th Anniversary Celebrations)
Nov 2013 - Hotel Cheyenne (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2013)
Dec 2015 - Disneyland Hotel (Disneyland at Christmas)

JodieG91

Hi,

Thanks for the reply :) we were looking at maybe going around the 30th December to 2nd January. Most likely need more than 1 night in a hotel to be able to get 2 full days and nights at the parks. I did look at the option of staying offsite, flying from Bristol and getting dream annual passes but it's coming in at over £1000 which is too much, although this gets us 3-4 days in the park. Also been considering whether to go just after New Year, the 1st/2nd January. Just looking for some tips, any advice on what to do for the best deal or how to get the most out of our Disneyland break.

JodieG91

We are now also considering going 1st - 5th January. What would people recommend as a better time to visit? Has anybody been for New Year before? What was your experience of it?

jj554

I have looked into your potential dates, I think offsite is likely your only option with the budget you have in mind, and even that seems a push?

I have never been around this time of year but I think the experience is always more special when there is a particular occasion going on, in this case New Year's Eve. If you can stretch to it for New Year's even if you reduce the number of days, I think it would be really cool. Obviously I can't be sure as I haven't done it myself, but it's so close to that big occasion that it would be a shame to miss it. It's a tough call, but having looked into some prices, I'm not sure that the 1st- 5th is that much cheaper? What are your thoughts at this stage?

Sorry this hasn't been overly helpful.....
Trips so far
April 2011 - Sequoia Lodge (First ever DLRP trip)
Nov 2011 - Newport Bay Club (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2011)
Sep 2012 - Hotel New York (20th Anniversary Celebrations)
Nov 2013 - Hotel Cheyenne (Mickey's Magical Fireworks and Bonfire 2013)
Dec 2015 - Disneyland Hotel (Disneyland at Christmas)

JodieG91

It would definitely have to be an offsite stay for this trip. The coach trip would cost us £777 we get to spend 30th and 31st at Disneyland, with 3 nights staying in an offsite hotel. Pricing up ourselves from 31st Dec to 4th Jan is coming up at £936 total, including flights, 4 nights in an offsite hotel + dream annual passes. It is only £36 less to go 1st to 5th. If we were to land in CDG airport at 16:10 on NYE, by the time we got to our hotel to check in and then travel to the park, does anybody know what our chances would be of getting into the park? Obviously we wouldn't expect to get on many or if any rides but just be there for the evening for the celebrations and atmosphere and maybe change our temporary passes to proper ones if the office was still open. To go one day sooner it would cost us £1100 total which is a fair jump for a change of dates but obviously we wouldn't want to travel on NYE and then not be able to join in the celebrations when we get there. At the minute, the fact we can fly have 3 days plus NYE and possibly half of our 4th day in the parks for only around £50 more each, it does seem worth it but persuading my mother to spend her money on a Disney trip so soon after Christmas is proving difficult :) I know when she is there and the money is spent she will be 100% glad we did it. I visited for the 1st time in January this year but we only got to spend 1 day there and found it definitely wasn't enough to enjoy the parades, the atmosphere and the rides. My fiance and I feel there was so much that we missed and this is the reason I want to go back but this time with my family.

Elaine

i don't think you have much chance of getting into the park at all on NYE if you don't arrive at CDG until after 4pm - the park is at capacity on NYE so they do refuse access once they reach maximum capacity, and I would expect that number to be reached by mid-afternoon at the latest.