First time trip with toddler twins .....Help!

Started by louisemurphy80, May 04, 2013, 09:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

louisemurphy80

Hi everyone.
Sorry for starting a new topic but this is all new to me.  We are travelling to Disney for the first time and taking our 2 and 3/4 year old twins with us.  They are Disney daft and taking full advantage of the free entry for under 3s  ;)
Just need a few questions answered or a bit of advice from some experienced travellers.  

Would you advise taking a buggy?  I have read about some people taking one and chaining it up somewhere and returning for it when needed.  Does this happen?  I know my two will want to run around and be very excited although i know they will also get very tired so a bit unsure what we should do.

What is the situation with eating in buffets/restaurants with under 3s?  Any kids menus seem to say for 3-12 year olds so will my two eat free?? Or do you just pay a bit extra for a tiny portion?

I am sure i will think of lots more things i will need to ask before our trip in June so any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

gemma2806

I would definitely take a buggy as the place is huge and a flagging toddler (or 2! ) is guaranteed. I took my son when he was the same age and he ended up spending more time in the buggy than out of it. It really was a god send. I took a bike lock but needn't have bothered as there were buggy parks everywhere.

The buffet restaurants provide a spare plate and let you just fill it up for free for kids under 3. This proved really cost effective as sometimes my son didn't want a large amount of food. Table service restaurants have a few options for free but they are limited so I chose to pay the extra if we ate at one of these for the child menu.

Hope this helps.

gemmasteele84

Def take a buggy. there is a lot of walking involved so it is needed for little legs. There where times i wished id took one for my 5 and 6 year olds! lol. There are buggy parks everywhere but there are a lot of reports of buggys being stolen so worth taking a lock with you just incase.

Just like Gemma said buffets are free but table resturants you will need to pay for under 3s

louisemurphy80

Thanks. You have been really helpful! My two are so excited and I just want them to enjoy it as much as possible!
The buggy will be packed!

jeakat24

By the end of the day usually I'm wishing I had a buggy for myself! And I didn't know that about free buffet for under 3's- definitely keep that in mind for our trip!
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge