What do you do first.

Started by grovesie, April 28, 2013, 10:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grovesie

Hi,

When we visit DLRP we always do the same thing. Get off Eurostar dump our cases at the express desk and go staright to Hollywood Studios..........Dinner........ then check in........a night cap and off to bed.

I was wondering if this was a bit OCD or if any other DLRPers had a similar set of actions on their arrival.

GROVESIE

gemma2806

I used to! I would always get the plane to CDG, catch the VEA, then check in and spend some time in the room unpacking and going over the info provided at check in. Then I'd get changed and explore the hotel and then head to Disney Village for dinner followed by a trip on the little train round the lake and then a drink in the hotel bar before bed.
I did this every trip until last year when I went and after exploring the hotel my other half decided we should go to the Disneyland Park for a snack on Main Street. We did that and then just went with the flow more so I'm not sure this year what we'll do when we get there!!

julesk

Is there still a little train at the lake? Never heard of this before, on a mission to do everything we have never done before this time. Thanks

DisneyManiac

Yep, the Land Train run arounds Disney Lake, once we got on it at Disney Village to escape a thunder storm that was heading towards us. We watched it in the restaurant that overlooks Disney Lake in NPBC.

Epcot_Boy

Well, let me see :-k

Eurostar to Disney, bus to the desired Hotel, check in and clean up. Then book restaurant for the evening meal, which is normally Le Grange at BB's and then it's off to Disneyland Park :D/
Before going into the park I always spend several minutes in front of the Disneyland Hotel admiring the whole thing, no matter how many times I go I just love this scene, and I love listening to the excitement as people head on into the park, especially the little ones who know their in for a real treat :thumbs:
Then I head to a seat by the Bandstand, plonk myself down and just soak up the atmosphere, normally with the silliest smile your likely to see :oops:
I can sit there for ages, loving every second.
Then it's off for a slow stroll around the park. I never go on a ride the first day, I just spend the time taking in everything that's going on. Once the old batteries have been fully charged with pixie dust, it's off to Le Grange for dinner and finally back for evening entertainment, depending on the season of course, out of season it's a stroll around the village and a slow walk around the Lake.
My DLrP holiday has begun, roll on tomorrow. :)

David

TigerLily

We don't really have a Disney routine as such. Although I went there several times as a child with my family, this will only be the second trip with my husband and daughter.

So as far as I've thought so far it will be arrive, check in, unpack and explore the Davy Crockett Ranch grounds...I've not gotten further than that yet lol.

Thaliel

first thing we do after entering the park is getting a handicapped pass, then either BTM or a first tour on the railroad
<-Plz click

jeakat24

After getting off the Eurostar we head straight to Annette's for lunch then it's off to the Disneyland Park. From there we do what we feel like. This year we're driving so it'll be a bit different.
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

julesk

Quote from: "DisneyManiac"Yep, the Land Train run arounds Disney Lake, once we got on it at Disney Village to escape a thunder storm that was heading towards us. We watched it in the restaurant that overlooks Disney Lake in NPBC.

Thank you, another must added to our list  :thumbs:

DisneyManiac

Quote from: "julesk"
Quote from: "DisneyManiac"Yep, the Land Train run arounds Disney Lake, once we got on it at Disney Village to escape a thunder storm that was heading towards us. We watched it in the restaurant that overlooks Disney Lake in NPBC.

No problems! It is nice to unwind on the Land Train, does cost though, 2 Euros I think...

julesk

Quote from: "DisneyManiac"
Quote from: "julesk"

No problems! It is nice to unwind on the Land Train, does cost though, 2 Euros I think...

Not worried about that, still cheaper than an Ice Cream  :)  . Thanks again

DisneyManiac

Quote from: julesk on May 02, 2013, 11:17:36 AM
Quote from: DisneyManiac
Quote from: julesk
Quote from: DisneyManiacYep, the Land Train run arounds Disney Lake, once we got on it at Disney Village to escape a thunder storm that was heading towards us. We watched it in the restaurant that overlooks Disney Lake in NPBC.

Thank you, another must added to our list  <!-- s:thumbs: -->:thumbs:<!-- s:thumbs: -->

Not worried about that, still cheaper than an Ice Cream  <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->  . Thanks again
No problem!

What we do first usually is parking, checking in, unpacking a bit and then venturing into Parc Disneyland. Although that isn't always the case, we arrive at 1pm

daddyof2

My plan is to just try and enjoy a bit of Main St USA before we have some dinner and try and calm the kids down and get some sleep

Ceh

Cheer when we drive up the domain (when the roads are in excellent shape you know what time it is!), contain my excitement and take the rail around the park to have a look :)

pialykke

Having only been once, I can only say what we did first every day of our last visit - Peter Pan for EMH. The boys absolutely love this ride. So that was our first stopping point every day...

Next time we go, we arrive there just before midday on the 17th March (St. Patricks Day!). We will probably drop the bags at the luggage room after checking in, then head to Earl of Sandwich for lunch (I love this place).

Then we'll be heading to the City Hall for some inside info on the whereabouts of certain characters (we didn't have much luck last time we went, so I have made a list of the ones we are hoping to see this time... Do they tell you only who are there on that specific day - or could they inform me of the whole weeks characters? Just to save me having to go in there every day.....)

After City Hall we will probably head over to the Studios to meet some characters before the parade... Either that or check out some of the St. Patricks Day celebrations in DL.

May 2017 - Newport
November 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2014 - Santa Fe
March 2012 - Santa Fe