Comparison? restaurant des Stars and plaza Gardens

Started by polar vixen, January 23, 2013, 09:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

polar vixen

Hi, we've eaten at the plaza gardens a few times, and found it works really well for us - My 2 autistic sons have plenty to choose from that suits them (plain foods with no sauce etc. )  and as i have another 2 under 3  that have huge apetites it works really well as if we eat in a table service restaurant I have to buy them a meal each which really pushes the price up, whereas they're free at buffet places.  And there's so much to choose from my hubby and i are happy too.   We've fancied giving the restaurant des Stars a try, but I don't know if the food selection is as good and varied?  Anyone eaten in both places that could offer a comparison please?

polar vixen

Anyone?

Little mermaid 240

Hi

We have eaten at both places and the food is much the same :)  it's the atmosphere that is different restaurant des stars is brighter and a large room which can be quiet loud also on the downside there are no toilets in the restaurant they are just outside the door with small children can be a pain.

On the plus point Remy does come around the tables and sings to people (we went in June 2012 and our daughter Trangled 13 did a trip report with a picture of Remy on he's only 10cm tall)  :thumbs:

Hope this is of some help. ;)
Little Mermaid x

polar vixen

Thanks for that, i'd wondered about the food, and the heads up on the noise was very useful - two of my boys have autism, and rarely handle large noises well, they end up under the table, so that's very good to know! THANK YOU!

Slimy yet satisfying

Hi

My choice would be plaza gardens each time. The atmosphere and decor is cosy and comforting whereas stars is a little too bright and cold for us. The food is of similar quality but has less choice and even though it is nice to see remy the bun fight around him, having to put coats on and go outside to queue in public loos if the kids need to go during the meal and restricted opening hours make it our least favourite eaterie in either park.
1992 Honeymoon DH
1994 Oct DH, 1996 Jan DH, 1998 Oct DH, 2000 Oct DCR, 2002 Jan SL....too many babies so a big break...2010 Mar SF, 2011 Mar SF, 2013 Jan Kyriad, 2013 Apr Gite, 2013 Oct Gite + 2nts DC, 2014 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 New Year/Jan SF, 2015 Oct Gite, 2016 Jan Gite, 2016 Easter Kyriad, 2016 June Explorers, 2016/7 NY Dream Castle and Gite, 2017 Feb Cheyenne , 2017 May Dream Castle,  2017/8 NY/Jan Gite, 2018 Feb Dream Castle Hotel, 2018 Nov Dream Castle, 2019 Feb Santa Fe.

julesk

We love Plaza gardens but really want to try Restaurant des Stars this year. How do you find out what time Remy comes out? We have been told its only open for lunch the week we are there though. Thanks  :)

Little mermaid 240

Hi

I think it has always only been open for lunch time, I don't think he has set times but could be wrong.  We went at 12ish as soon as it opened and he was there :)
Little Mermaid x

julesk

Quote from: "Little mermaid 240"Hi

I think it has always only been open for lunch time, I don't think he has set times but could be wrong.  We went at 12ish as soon as it opened and he was there :)

Thanks Little Mermaid 240

Samninetysix

We took our autistic nephew with us into Restaurant des Stars and he did get quite distressed at the level of activity and noise. Plaza Gardens is a much better choice.

EmilieK

I have aspergers and have been to Restaurant de Stars a couple of times. For me it's a tried it and don't need to go back sort of thing. The food is ok, mainly the same as plaza gardens but seem to remember there were more deserts than in Plaza Gardens. But the atmosphere were cold and noisy.
Just felt plain stressed out in there and werent able to relax. Since I try to use meal time as "down time" that just dosent work for me. In the studios I would rather eat in Blockbuster cafe in the pirates section, and for buffets I would say Plaza Gardens or Inventions for a quieter more relaxing meal.

polar vixen

Thanks for that, i really appreciate it!  Plaza Gardens it is!