Santa Fe, Meals Plans, Any Tips?

Started by DPC1977, April 08, 2013, 08:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DPC1977

Hi,

We are going to DLP Weds 17th April (very excited  :D/ ) and would like some advice on te following please?

Is Breakfast at the Santa Fe has busy and unorganised as some reviews say it is?

I wasnt going to do a meal plan as I'm on a bit of a budget and wonder if I'm better of buying food as and when as hubby is fussy with food and my 4 year old may not eat a whole meal?

What size portions are the food portions?

I have read reviews that some people are very rude and will push even small children out the way to see the parades and see the meet and greet  :evil:

Please could I also have some tips of must see's and do's?

Thanks  :D

Elaine

Quote from: "DPC1977"Hi,

We are going to DLP Weds 17th April (very excited  :D/ ) and would like some advice on te following please?

Is Breakfast at the Santa Fe has busy and unorganised as some reviews say it is?

Yes, if you go after 7.30am its very busy. Its canteen style so you have to find your own table etc.

I wasnt going to do a meal plan as I'm on a bit of a budget and wonder if I'm better of buying food as and when as hubby is fussy with food and my 4 year old may not eat a whole meal?

if you're on a budget and have fussy eaters don't do a meal plan - pick what you like from the menus and pay as you go.

What size portions are the food portions?

I think they are fairly generous.

I have read reviews that some people are very rude and will push even small children out the way to see the parades and see the meet and greet  :evil:

yes they will - so avoid the unorganised (scrum) meet n greets, go for the organised queue line ones, possibly a character meal at Cafe Mickey, and for the parade try to see it from near the start of the route, up by Its a Small World queue line area. Its quieter up there, so less chance of people trying to jostle in front of you.

Please could I also have some tips of must see's and do's?

Thanks  :D

have a great time  :) .

jeakat24

Hi

The breakfast at the Santa Fe can be very busy, especially after 8am. We always tend to go for an earlier breakfast slot (even though I am not a morning person!)

It doesn't sound as if a meal plan is right for you. It can be a bit restrictive and if you are planning to eat fast food it will definitely cost you more. The portion sizes arent too bad and all places have children's menus so you should be fine.

Sometimes people can push and shove. It's certainly not the majority but it only takes one. A good way to meet the characters is at organised photo points where you have to queue-you'll see these as you go through the parks- and character meals at cafe Mickey etc. the Studios park tends to be less of a scrum for characters but they don't appear as regularly as in the Disneyland Parc.

Must see and dos: I could write a book! Definitely explore the castle- go upstairs and see the story of sleeping beauty and go on the balcony and definitely go and see the dragon! With a four year old Fantasyland will be your best friend  :)  and I'm sure you'll see everything there.

Don't forget to take a ride on the train. We try to do a whole loop every trip- normally Main St to Main St. It's a great way to take in the park. And explore Adventure Isle! It's great fun
Jan 2002- Cheyenne,
Nov 2004- Santa Fe,
July 2005- Santa Fe,
March 2007- Cheyenne,
Sept 2007- Cheyenne,
Oct 2008- HNY,
Jan 2010- Santa Fe,
Sept/Oct 2013- Cheyenne (Alice's first trip),
Feb 2015- DLH (Isaac's first trip and Alice's birthday trip)
June 2016- Sequoia Lodge

polar vixen

if you're on a budget and without a meal plan, buffets are def your best way to go, while food portions are fairly generous, we didn't find them big enough to share with even our littlest ones who have good appetites (ages 2 and 3).  With buffets ou're paying approx. 27 Euros per adult, approx 12 per childover 3, includes free refills on drinks (certain places only, check before you're seated, but this in itself saves a small fortune.  We found it much better (although queues can be awful for breakfast) to eat a little later, really fill up, skip lunch, and go for buffet around 4ish for a combined late lunch/early dinner.  This also means that your teatime buffet will be nice and quiet and well stocked too.  If you can afford it, character dining, particuarly at inventions or breakfast at cafe mickey, are well worth it as a one off for metting characters without having to queue for hours.  Yes, people do push in.  I've had pics of my son in his wheelchair with characters hugging him and other peoples kids standing infront of the character shoving their autograph book in their faces.  Best advice I can give is if you do join a mini crowd hoping for a pic, stay beside your child, and firmly tell anyone that pushes in your child was waiting first, even if they act like they don't understand.  we had so many occasions where my daughter would be stood with her manners, and because there's a little crowd of kids, we stood to the back just to keep an eye on her, but the amount for parents who would be shoving their kids in was unbelievable.  So stand your ground!