Which ride you never did?

Started by perrollaz, February 01, 2013, 09:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perrollaz

I wonder if there is a ride you have never been of? And why?

For me it is Autopia.
Knowing that these little cars are comming from Italy and loving all italian cars- it's very surprising for me never been on this one. But allways having long waiting lines it never attracted me as it also looks like to be on the very far edge of Discovery Land and in some kind of a hollow.

There was another one: Mad Hatter's Tea Cups.
But at my 12th stay last December it happened. I was on my own, already dark and cold.
As there was no waiting time I decided to give it a try for the first time. And must admit that it had really something magical spinning around with these lampions/lanterns on the roof.

Next time I'll do it again :-)

Curious now to read your stories.

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Never did the Toy Soldier Parachute Drop^^ :( didn't want to wait over an hour for this...

Autopia i did for the first time last year... it was quite nice because you really had to drive yourself instead of just sitting there :)
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

DisneyDancer92

There's quite a lot actually.

Big Thunder mountain- I have been on the one in Florida, but never the one in Paris. Often considered it but the lines are allways too long- and in general roller coasters are not what I prefer spending my time on in DLRP- more of a dark ride/shows/parades person.

Tower of terror- I dont really enjoy scary/creepy things in general- and not too good with free fall-type of rides. Went on one at 65 metres in Denmark once- no need to revisit that feeling again.

Toy story playland- only been to DLRP once since TSP opened and didn't get to visit that area at all. Def something Im determined to do when I go in 2 weeks

Star tours, Orbitron, Nautilus- Discoveryland is probably the land I have spent least time in (Apart from looking at the cute merchandise haha) and these are rides that have never appealed to me- a little curious about Nautilus but heard its very scary.

" No matter how your heart is grieving,
If you keep on believing..
The dream that you wish will come true"

Cara

Like DisneyDancer, there are a few I haven't been on

Tower of Terror-I hate lifts and even though I know it's safe it still seems horrible to me!

RC Racer - not too fond of that one!

Indiana Jones - My Dad went on it when it went backwards and he didn't feel too brilliant afterwards. It's put me off for life!

Autipoia - it's almost aways been closed! :(
Casey Jr - same thing

Flying carpets and Slinky dog.  I think that's it!

I did go on Space mountain for the first time last year though! Very proud of myself :D

Davy Crockett Ranch - May 2002
Davy Crockett Ranch - March 2003
Kyriad hotel - July 2005
Santa fe - February 2012 (Anniversary trip)
Newport Bay - September 2012!

perrollaz

Quote from: "Cara"I did go on Space mountain for the first time last year though! Very proud of myself :D

Brave one :-D
Did you enjoy the ride? Would you next time again?
I remember my first time in the canon pretty well..
I love that short silent moment before blast off!!!!

Zee79

I've also never been on Autopia, queues to long.
I've recently been able to do a lot of the rides i had never been on.

Summer 2012- I finally got to go on Dumbo- got soaked in the process but worth it :) .

Christmas 2011 - Got to do Orbitron. That was fun getting in an out with an injured knee haha The picture taken by my dad was hilarious  :D

Christmas 2010-  i finally got to go on the Carousel, had to stand the following year because i hurt my knee and my daughter had broken her collar bone so had to be her support.

Never been on or will ever go on Terror Towers- i don't like normal elevators(lifts) so you won't get me going on one that drops 100mph on purpose haha

Don't do any of the roller coasters now :-(  except Thunder Mountain, my head can't take it. I used to love Aerosmith! For the same reason i've not been on Mad Hatter's tea cups.

I leave it all to my 10year old who is an adrenaline junkie. I'm happy to go on the small rides with my 6 year old who does not do fast rides.

Quote from: "TVTaughtMeHowToFeel"Never did the Toy Soldier Parachute Drop^^ :( didn't want to wait over an hour for this...

Autopia i did for the first time last year... it was quite nice because you really had to drive yourself instead of just sitting there :)

The parachute drop is over very quick considering the wait you have. Been on it twice, not keen so try to do when i've not had my lunch because i prefer that to stay where i have put it :) My eldest likes to point out the sky line and the planes passing by, i prefer not to look :lol:  She went on it with her broken collar bone in 2011. She thinks it is tame.

Little mermaid 240

We as a family have 3 levels of this!
As a family combined we have been on everything except the flying carpets because they are the same as Dumbo and have always been closed the 2 times we have all been! :)  
My dad has been on everything - crazy guy! He was determined to go on everything!
Me -Tangled13 -writing under my mums login! I've been on everything except The Tower Of Terror (the thought terrifies me), Space Mountain, RC Racer (too much like a Pirate Boat ride - yuck) and slinky Dog! Although I may do Space Mountain in March! -Is it better than Areosmith, which made me a tad wobbly legged? :)
My mum, bless her doesn't really like the big rides, she goes more for the atmosphere however she has been on BTM (she loves it now) although she will not go on anything that spins - an accidental ride on Crush's Coaster made her green!
Little Mermaid x

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Quote from: "Little mermaid 240"Although I may do Space Mountain in March! -Is it better than Areosmith, which made me a tad wobbly legged? :)

In my oppinion Space Mountain is even more intense than Aerosmith... and it's rather uncomfortable too, because the security thingy pushes really hard on my sholders during the ride... No such problem at Aerosmith... Despite the fact that my heart almost stops everytime the ride launches :D but it always puts a big smile on my face :)
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

StarGazer

My mum is really similar to Tangled130's, we've never ridden Space Mountain, Aerosmith, Indiana Jones or RC Racer but she loved BTM! Also neither Tower of Terror because I don't like big drops... but Parachutes was quite fun! :D
♫ S-U-G-A-R, jump into your racing car, it's a sugar rush! ♫

Cara

Quote from: "perrollaz"
Quote from: "Cara"I did go on Space mountain for the first time last year though! Very proud of myself :D

Brave one :-D
Did you enjoy the ride? Would you next time again?
I remember my first time in the canon pretty well..
I love that short silent moment before blast off!!!!

I have to say I was terrified!
It was in February and they had only just re-opened the ride because the brakes had frozen!
I think I would do it again but I was so scared!
Ah nooo canon was the scariest part because I didn't know what was going to happen!
It was fun though :D

Davy Crockett Ranch - May 2002
Davy Crockett Ranch - March 2003
Kyriad hotel - July 2005
Santa fe - February 2012 (Anniversary trip)
Newport Bay - September 2012!

perrollaz

Quote from: "Zee79"Summer 2012- I finally got to go on Dumbo- got soaked in the process but worth it :) .

Christmas 2011 - Got to do Orbitron. That was fun getting in an out with an injured knee haha The picture taken by my dad was hilarious  :D

Christmas 2010-  i finally got to go on the Carousel, had to stand the following year because i hurt my knee and my daughter had broken her collar bone so had to be her support.

Ha ha, funny but these are excact the rides I still wasn't too until today.
Maybe next time I'll give them a shoot.

Rocketeer

For me...

Big Thunder (looks like too many drops and dips for me)
Space Mountain (see above)
Indy (I'm sure you can guess why!)
Autopia (never interested me)

Tower (freefall drops - just a no no)
Carpets (Been on Dumbo, no need to do this)
Crush (seen the track when constructed... that was enough to put me off)
RnRc (see Space/Thunder)

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

Thaliel

I actually did every ride at least once, but some I just did not do a second time, like orbitron and Indiana jones
<-Plz click

perrollaz

Quote from: "Rocketeer"For me...

Big Thunder (looks like too many drops and dips for me)

If you once want to give a roller coaster a try Big Thunder would be a good start.
My sister, avoiding all of them like you, loves Big Thunder. Even so much that it is the first ride she wants to go at our next visit :-D

I don't like coasters where you have the feeling to be at an enormous hight. Big Thunder avoids this feeling with its wonderful themening.

SwipatronSparks

i dont think there is a ride we havnt been on at least once.... autopia took us a long time to do because we tend to visit in late janurary when its closed, but we finally got it done in 2008, and will get to do it again net visit.
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....