First visit - dining query

Started by jmcc, January 22, 2013, 12:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmcc

We are staying in HNY for 4 nights in March and are trying to plan our meals. Our children are 4 & 7 so we don't really want a full dinner each day, but we don't want burgers every day either! I was thinking of booking buffet meals for 1 or 2 nights; where is best? Also are the hotel restaurants good? Is it easy to get tables booked once you arrive or is it better to book in advance? As this is our first visit we'd like to look at a few places before we book but would like to eat between 5.30 and 6.30 where possible. Finally, what time do the parks usually close in March? We're there from 27th to 31st.
Thanks

owencobb

Quote from: "jmcc"We are staying in HNY for 4 nights in March and are trying to plan our meals. Our children are 4 & 7 so we don't really want a full dinner each day, but we don't want burgers every day either! I was thinking of booking buffet meals for 1 or 2 nights; where is best? Also are the hotel restaurants good? Is it easy to get tables booked once you arrive or is it better to book in advance? As this is our first visit we'd like to look at a few places before we book but would like to eat between 5.30 and 6.30 where possible. Finally, what time do the parks usually close in March? We're there from 27th to 31st.
Thanks

I would book into the plaza gardens in Main Street be sure to book as it gets quite busy it's an all you can eat buffet and not just burgers very much international cuisine we went there last year when we took my niece and nephew 13 and 10 plenty to eat there .
Trips to Disneyland Paris

Aug 1997 Disney Santa Fe
Dec 1999-Jan 2000 Disney Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2000 Disney Santa Fe
Jan 2000 Disneyland Hotel
Dec 2005 Disney Newport Bay Hotel
Mar 2006 Disney Cheyenne Hotel
Dec 2006 Disney Newport Bay Hotel
Mar 2012 Disney Santa Fe
Apr 2013 Disney Sequoia Lodge
Dec 2013 Disney Santa Fe - Christmas Celebrations

ilovedisneylandparis

I agree, I'd also recommend the Market House Deli on Main Street USA, or the sandwich-y places in Disney Village, maybe for lunchtime - it saves having two big meals a day and saves money because you can get a sandwich, baguette, salad or croque monsieur for about 6 or 7 euros :D

glenn

plaza gardens is very nice but not rearly worth the price you pay,unless you are big eaters.as for booking in advance you are going easter weekend i believe, so it will be very busy.                                                                                                                                                       i can say i havn,t found a resteruant that i didn,t enjoy,apart from the rainforest,but other people love it,so the best thing to do is look at the menu,s and decide where you want to eat and book in advance.

AislingM

The Parkside Diner in HNY is a nice buffet too , about 30 euro per adult ex drink. But loads there for adults and kids and the dessert part of the buffet is brilliant.  Also the Lucky Nugget in Frontierland does a nice lunch menu , you can get ribs and fish and chips.
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

ed-uk

The two buffet restaurants in Disneyland Park are Plaza Gardens and The Agrabah Cafe ( mediterranean cuisine ) and I can recommend both based on food and themeing on my last visit. In the WDS Park there's The Restaurant of the Stars which is themed like a studio canteen, but it does offer a good buffet and you get the chance to meet Remy from Ratatouille.
Of the 3 restaurants Plaza Gardens is probably my favourite. We always book a table on the day in the morning either at City Hall in Disneyland Park or at Studio Services in the WDS Park.
Ed & David

julesk

Plaza Gardens is nice, good selection of healthy food plus veggi options. We loved La Grange at Billy Bobs in Disney Village. Plus Hotel Cheyenne is a nice buffet and really quiet at lunch times. We have booked both in advance and on arrival but for school holidays, always book in advance if you want certain times, like immediatly after a parade.

Kt

Worth remembering the restaurants in the parks and the village tend to be open all afternoon whereas the hotel ones only open in the evening (6-6.30?) so if your little ones need to eat earlier as you said, this might be a deciding factor.
As far as restaurants are concerned, Restaurant des Stars in  WDS is an all you can eat buffet but a bit cheaper than the others. Not such a nice atmosphere but Ratatouille comes and sings at your table so that might entertain your children! Depends how ££ consious you are too. Have a fab time!
Nov 05 Sequoia
Feb 06 Sequoia
Dec 06 Sequoia Honeymoon Suite
Feb 08 Sequoia
Dec 09 Sequoia
Feb 11 Hotel New York Empire State Club
Jan 12 Hotel New York - Honeymoon Suite
Jan 13 Sequoia

hawian rollercoaster

If staying at hny with current offer of free dining plan what vouchers do you recieve premium ?

Esti

Plaza Gardens is reaaaally nice, there's lots of food, but I agree that if you're not a big eater, it is a little expensive. If you don't mind counter service restaurantes, there are a few where you can eat something more than burgers. Colonel Hathis and Bella Notte serve pasta/lasagna/pizza; Cowboy Cookout barbacue has chicken strips, half a chicken and pork ribs; Hakuna Matata has chicken and rice; Fuente del Oro has tacos etc.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: hawian rollercoaster on November 08, 2014, 12:34:50 PM
If staying at hny with current offer of free dining plan what vouchers do you recieve premium ?

We stayed at HNY in September and it's the meal plan plus vouchers. They are worth €33 each. We had a meal in the park side diner at the hotel one evening and I didn't think k it was very good. Plaza gardens was much better, although I'm not actually a fan of buffet dining so it wouldn't be my first choice x