Pirates of the Caribbean — 2013 refurbishment

Started by simonandwendy626, December 21, 2012, 11:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kate87

Happy to see this is due to re-open while we are there, 2 & 1/2 months seems a very long time to be closed. Ill be sure to try it out.

tinkswishes

very disappointing , one of the few rides my daughter can go on and its closed ! just hope sleeping beautys gallery is back open next month.

bad-pink-tink

The March calendar  is now online, Pirates of the Caribbean Closed from 1st March to 22nd March.
http://news.disneylandparis.ie/calendar ... html?#cldr
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

simonandwendy626

it has to be much more than a simple overall that will make it 9 weeks!

bad-pink-tink

omg, squeeeeeelllllll......... sending some pixie dust & fairy wishes.... Is Jack finally coming to Paris????

I have been to Disneyland California many times and was very disappointed to see Captain Jack missing from Paris.

I know, I know, I have read the POTC thread on here and soo many are traditional purists when it comes to this issue, but sometimes things need to be changed and brought up to date
When You Wish Upon A Star Dreams Can Become Reality
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyworld Florida 1992
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland California 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016,2017
♥ ♥ ♥ Disneyland Paris 2011 2013, 2016

Sulley's Arms

Quote from: "bad-pink-tink"omg, squeeeeeelllllll......... sending some pixie dust & fairy wishes.... Is Jack finally coming to Paris????

I have been to Disneyland California many times and was very disappointed to see Captain Jack missing from Paris.

I know, I know, I have read the POTC thread on here and soo many are traditional purists when it comes to this issue, but sometimes things need to be changed and brought up to date

The problem is though, as I see it, if Capt Jack appears at Paris, peeping out of that barrel (you know, next to the rotund fella), then where will the lady go that has been in there all these years??  There's certainly not enough room for both of them and, well, I just think we should spare a thought for a potentially homeless madam should the movie upgrade happen...  Let's face it, she'll either start being chased by those nearby pirates, or sold to anyone that offers 6 pieces of gold, LOL.
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]
Feb 14 - DCR [5d]
Mar 15 - Sejours [4d]
Feb 16 - Kyriad [4d]
Dec 16 - Offsite [3d]
Feb 17 - Adagio [4d]
Aug 17 - Offsite [2d]
Dec 17 - Offsite [3d]
Dec 18 - Cheyenne [3d]

DLRPupdater

At the end of the winter vacation Pirates of the Caribbean closed it's doors for some refurbishment, Pirates of the Caribbean opened again at 16 March (one day ago) and here's what's new:

-The tower where the operators watch how the people are entering the boat has been shut with some bamboo in front.
-Blue Lagoon has got more light (purple and green colors).
-The projection of the moon and horizon has got more light, but with some bugs and bad quality.
-The pirate flag in front of the projection of the moon and horizon also has got more light.
-First lifthill hasn't got any changes, except for the chains on the right, they aren't moving.
-First drop has got better and more sound effects, also the canons shoots more realistic (movement and more fluently).
-The fighting after the first drop a bit changes, the cats are higher placed and the pirate that needs to swing doesn't swing.
-The pirates village hasn't changed that much, except for some lights that have been added.
-The duelists, the two guys that are fighting at the balcony, are back again (there was a curtain that closed the whole balcony), also the best of all: they move better, first they moved like they were handicapped (no offense). If I'm talking about better they move more fluently.
-One of the three pirate singers wears a pink vest?! (Is he a pirate?)
-Just before the second drop there's a drunk man sitting on top of the building with it's pig, there now comes real water/liquid out.
-The cave hasn't got any changes, at least, not noticed if there were changes (if there are changes found I will update this).

The last point which is the worst:
-No Jack Sparrow.

In my opinion this is a quite dissapointing update, I don't know what you guys think of it, but soon I will post pictures of the update of Pirates of the Caribbean. My next visit will be on 26 June (on a schoolday!) so it will be quiet!

Edit:

A short video of the update, the duelers don't look to be moving smoother but if you look good you can see that the singer wears a pink vest and that there are different lights!
[youtube:29eivn1a]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mna3TzfldJ4[/youtube:29eivn1a]

Hopefully till next time!
I\'m a Disneyfreak, and I love Phantom Manor and The Tower Of Terror

simonandwendy626

Can anyone enlighten us on any changes/improvements to Pirates as it is now re-open or was it just a paint brush job that lasted 2 months

thanks

DLRPupdater

see my post:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15331

there you find everything :D

Kristof

Thanks for the run-down!  :thumbs:

DLRPupdater

Quote from: "Kristof"Thanks for the run-down!  :thumbs:

no prob!

also there's one other point I noticed:
-the doors where the prisoners whistle to the dog, are more open for some reason.

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: "DLRPupdater"The last point which is the worst:
-No Jack Sparrow.

i disagree with you here thats the best news ever!  im a fan of the movies, and of jack, but i dont think adding jack is the right thing to do, i love that our pirates is still true to how walt envisioned it, cant wait to see it next week! thanks for the rundown of the update!!!
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Aladar

I'm also glad that we didn't get the Jack Sparrow upadte! I really want to see it when I go to another Park, but I'm glad that DLP is still faithful to the original concepts of the attractions.

GeoffD

We are some 5 days after a 3 month refurb.  
The dueling pirates are broken (again)
The swinging pirate isn't swinging.  

This is my favourite ride, but seriously?  All these things that stop working just annoy me.

Sulley's Arms

Hi all,

When we were at DLP in February, we were chatting to a CM that told us of a rumour that they have got all of the equipment for the Jack Sparrow upgrade sat in their warehouses.

BUT, they can't currently install it because the computer system the new kit uses is unable to speak to the existing computer system running the ride.

This would mean having to make wholesale changes at every level of the ride, just to have Capt Jack peep out of a barrel and presumably Davy Jones make various appearances as well.

With the distinct lack of funds at the parc, it seems more likely that they would leave it as is for a while...?

Sulley's Arms
Trip Counter
Nov 07 - DCR [4d]
Mar 09 - DCR [3d]
Feb 11 - DCR [4d]
Oct 11 - Kyriad [3d]
Dec 11 - Adagio [3d]
Feb 12 - DCR [6d]
Jun 12 - Crecy Golf [4d]
Aug 12 - Crecy Golf [2d]
Feb 13 - Adagio [4d]
Dec 13 - Crecy Golf [3d]